Had some other fun this morning…although I wasn’t sure I was gonna make it TO the fun…I was supposed to leave at 9am…I think I have a mental problem with time management…I CANNOT and I repeat CANNOT seem to get out of the house at the appropriate time no matter how much “tricking” myself or rushing around that I do. (I suppose it doesn't help that I just HAVE to check my blog, facebook and email every morning as well...ahem!)
As I said, I was SUPPOSED to leave the house by 9am…at 8:37am, as I was jumping into the shower and yelling to my girls to “please put on some clean underwear”, I realized that we, once again, would NOT be leaving on time.
But, by golly, I gave it my best shot…I told the girls to dig through the dirty laundry to find their shorts (we came up with a new rule after this morning’s escapades: wear it TWICE, THEN put it in the dirty clothes…this way you get much more wear out of it, especially since Mom can’t stay on top of laundry either!)
I sprayed on the sun block all over their little bodies, even atop their heads with Little Munchkin’s ponytails. The ponytail holder then promptly disintegrated and left her with wet, sticky hair that stuck up on either sides of her head (what in the world am I spraying on my children???…what is this stuff anyway?)
At 9:20am, we got in the car, sped out of the driveway and headed to the zoo to meet up with my MIL and SIL and the cousins, HOPING to not see them sitting there WAITING for us…only to hear my Honey Bunch say, “Ooops Mom, we forgot to eat breakfast!” (what in the world…did I do it again???) So, we had to make a quick stop at Tim H*rt*ns to pick up some toasted bagels with butter, which Little Munchkin immediately rubbed all over herself!!!
We finally made it to the zoo…it was a hectic morning, but it turned out well…I won a CD, I got a shower, my girls were all smiles with the cousins and Little Munchkin had fun sticking the sunglasses up her nose!!! All in all??? GOOD DAY!!!