I wish I had something terribly exciting to write about…something beyond all terrificness that would just force your eyes to bug out of your head leaving your mouth salivating over the next word that would appear on the screen…
But it seems that between the news surrounding Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and now Michael Jackson…well…I’m just not up to par…
Couple that with the sweltering heat and my late night frantic searches for my external flash (I will get to this later) I believe that my mental capabilities may have melted away…
It’s been a week…
That’s putting it lightly.
Don’t get me wrong, I adore spending time with people…friends, family, kiddos, dogs, cats, rats…okay, maybe not the rats, but they play some mean basketball, let me tell you!!!
Beginning LAST Saturday, we have spent every single day with someone outside our immediate family…and not just someone, the entire T crew of cousins…
The wedding, a birthday bash, swimming, the Zoo, COSI, Park class…it’s just mayhem waiting to happen. Putting all those kiddos together in one place is wayyy fun for them and for the moms/aunts/nanas a majority of the time…it’s the necessity of having eyes in the back of your head that is overwhelming…
Just trying to keep track of everyone has been a major feat …that alongside the usual “dealings” you have with children aged 8 weeks to 10 years old…I can’t tell you how many “hurt feelings” aka “she took my seat, I was gonna sit there” OR how many “where is Munchkin? I just had her here a minute ago?” OR how many “NO, we don’t have anymore snacks, you’ve already eaten the entire bag of pretzels and popcorn my dears!” that we have heard this week!
And yet, when it is all said and done, as the girls and I are sitting at home quietly, peacefully and totally exhausted…we are quite content…it’s been good to be with everyone, to love on one another and enjoy…we just may not be “seeing anyone else” for a few days!
And one LAST note, before you get entirely too bored with this plethora of useless information…I FOUND MY FLASH!!! What? Did you loose it or something?
Yeah, I haven’t written about that because…well, to be completely honest, I had a deep pit in my stomach and the thought of writing it out on the screen was probably going to make me throw up…I was THAT sick about it! I lost it sometime between May 2nd and the present…I’ve torn my house APART…let me rephrase…I have basically ripped, thrown, pulled, slammed, whipped everything from it’s place in my home sweet home in search of that thing (which costs about $250 mind you!) I wrote lists of every place I could have been and where I took my camera bag…I called the zoo even…I was desperate!
Low and behold, it was at Peanut’s gymnastics class…I’m thinking that Little Munchkin snuck it out of my camera bag as I was snappin’ shot and I never knew it until I went to use it again for the wedding LAST weekend! I called the gym as my last ditch effort. We were last there on June 1st! almost a MONTH ago!
The tears started flowing and they cheerfully said, “Oh yeah, is that what this thing is? Yep we have it”…just like that…we’ve got it here…You better believe I ziplined it over there and held that precious piece of equipment in my hand!
And so…that’s my week’s story…I’m done…kaput! My emotions have run the gamut…I think I’ll just go sip on my fountain drink and soak in the quiet as I lovingly gaze at my long lost flash!!!
Have a great weekend!