Maybe even throw in a few pictures for imagination sake...
(Yes I know I've put this picture up before...)
I ran into a neighbor at the store today.
She told me that she sees my garden every morning and is quite jealous.
She thinks I have a green thumb.
It made me feel good, although I don't necessarily agree with her...all I do is stick the seeds in the ground...I'm not really one to follow the directions on the seed packets either...
12 inches apart just seems WAY too far apart for me...let's just plant them about 2 inches apart...that'll give em enough space...sure...ahem
I also don't like to murder thin my poor, sprouting seedlings...therefore, my lettuce looks like an overgrown chia pet. This is also the reason that my back about broke planting carrots...have you ever seen carrot seeds?...they are like the size of the tip of a pencil...I just licked my finger and put one little seed every inch or so...yes, back breaking work...
I know...I did it...
And then comes the watering...I think my poor husband realized that it looked bad to the neighbors felt sorry for me, hauling two 5 gallon buckets out to the garden each day. He installed a sprinkler this year! yippee for me...and again, less and less with me having a green thumb!
All in all...it's a fun "hobby"...I like just being out there and watching everything grow!
Green thumb or not...