After consuming the following over the past few days:
Chocolate chip cookies
Chocolate dipped cookies,
Wedding cake
pop
Ice cream
Birthday cake
pop
Sugar cookies
Baklava
Pop
Starbucks iced mocha
Scoops of icing left over from birthday cake
Take a deep breath and……I continue…
Did I mention pop?
More cookies
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
Mickey Ds double cheeseburger
More pop
Yeah…so I figured since I hadn’t exercised in over a week (due to a “ewyuck” feeling in my throat…it could have been the oncoming of a serious cold and therefore, much sulking, whining, complaining, and obviously eating lots of junk food is NECESSARY)
Where was I ?
Yes, so I decided that I ought to march myself down to the dungeon and start up on the treadmill…it was slow going…of course that might have been due to the fact that I just couldn’t settle on a show to watch in the wee hours of the morning (again, WEE hours interprets to about 7:30am for me…remember, I’m the one that doesn’t function well before 8:00…okay, maybe it’s more like 10)
Once I hunkered down with Matt Lauer and the gang, I began my “trot”…only be shocked to find out that in breaking news, Ed McMahon has passed away…(I won’t mention that I thought he died awhile ago…and is Johnny Carson still here?) Big Mama even had a moment of silence in remembrance of the man on her blog today…
(insert silence)
So, I continued to run to the muted television singing Little Munchkin’s newest song, topping the charts: “Popi Popi…da da das…na na side…bee bee bee bee bee bee OH”
It’s really catchy…seriously!! I’m not biased or anything!!!
This really is a pointless blog post because really, I only exercised for whoppin’ 30 minutes…after which I consumed the largest fountain drink known to man and scarfed down another chocolate chip peanut butter cookie…I’m thinking that the exercise didn’t necessarily cancel out the sweets…but oh well…
I got the reminder though later in the car when Sweetpea asked me,
“Mommy, is it good to be skinny Minnie?” (not sure where she got that one)
(listen to my ever “intelligent replies”) Sweetheart, God gave us these bodies to live in and take care of…He doesn’t care what we look like, like the kinds of clothes we wear or how we do our hair, but He wants us to be healthy. He wants us to eat those foods that help our body to be strong and work properly and to exercise…so if you are over weight, your heart has to work harder because there is too much fat on your body…”
“Mom, what if you’re too skinny?”
“Well…(here’s the college grad mommy answer) your heart has to work even harder if you’re too skinny because there’s not enough padding to protect your bones!”
(Hey, it worked…they got the point)
Conclusion from Sweetpea: “So, *Peanut, *Munchkin and I all have perfect bodies cuz we’re not too big or too skinny…and you’re perfect too right mom…except, do you really eat a lot of HEALTHY FOOD???”
Sooo…I will be getting on the treadmill tomorrow morning as well, probably with Matt & Meredith or Diane or maybe an infomercial…
And thank goodness my children don’t know what the Cheesecake Factory is, because that’s where I’m headed tonight for a girl’s night out!!!