Wednesday, June 17, 2009

just real quick

Just a quick explanation...I'll return you to your regularly, scheduled blog posts after this brief message:

I put privacy settings on this blog recently. It's not what I wanted to do by any means...it's cumbersome, it forces you to have to sign in instead of being able to just easily link over...I get that, believe me.

However, I am realizing that this whole "internet" thing is bigger than I realize...and although I'm careful, by changing my kids "real names", never mentioning my home address or surrounding "clues"...I'm not perfect, and I may slip up and not know it...and the thing is, I don't know who is reading this...I don't have control over it at all...

We don't have control over anything in life really...but, I think God gave us brains to make choices wisely. My children are small...what I publish about them, what I allow the world to see is precious and I don't want that taken away from them. Someone made just a side comment the other day, wasn't threatening or anything...but it just made me reevaluate...

I LOVE those other blogs over to the right of your screen...I so want to be like them...they are funny, witty, open, honest...and I've never heard any horror stories from them:) Goodness sakes, I read BETH MOORE's blog all the time...she's got stuff about her grandkids, etc etc...

After a time, I may pull the plug on the email invite thing...or I may switch over to wordpress, where it's at least password protected...but I can pass that word around a lot easier than the whole email thing...I"m not sure...

I just wanted to let you know that I'm not giving up, but I'm taking a step back for a sec just to make sure where I'm heading with all this...and to make sure that my decisions are wise concerning the safety of my family...

Thanks to those that go through the "ugh" of signing in to read this...will you do me a favor and let me know your thoughts, give me some insights, let me know if the whole thing is just crazy and I'm paranoid, or even if you just don't like it and won't be back to reading again...I really appreciate it and value your opinions!!!

***This is just a test of the national blogcasting system...this is only a test...we'll now bring you back to your regularly, scheduled postings***