Monday, June 8, 2009

Two Posts in one day: quick update & some stuff for mom

I’m trying NOT to be self-conscious…to just “pretend” it’s not there…but, somewhere, somehow…I ran into somethin’ poison ivy/sumac/oak/itchy/yucky/bumpy/red/looks awful RASH!

See here:
It’s all over my arms, and now spreading to my face LOVELY!!!

I’m the type of person that can’t stand to have a zit without popping the little sucker till it bleeds (sorry to be so graphic) You can imagine with all these teeny tiny red bumps all over, I’m about ready to take a razor to my arm!!! UGH

However…all that said…I did have 2 little bright spots in my day:

Exhibit A: I won this CD on another blog site and can’t wait to listen to it…What a FUN FIND in my mailbox this afternoon…to cheer my Bumpy Self!

Exhibit B:
My awesome, incredible, thoughtful husband brought this little VENTI frappachino with a kiss…he still thinks I’m beautiful amidst the sea of red. And YES, I do notice that it is half gone...ummm, I didn't think to take a picture until I had successfully sucked down half of it...and that took about 5 minutes...ahem...

Okay…so onto other things…Mom, this is for you! Here are the pictures of the newly gardened front flower bed…it’s been 3 years in the making…enjoy!
strawberry patch
pathetic attempt at herb garden
butterfly bushes, lilac bush, and some other ones I can't remember
weeping cherry tree
the front of the house...as if you couldn't tell without me writing it out