Friday, June 5, 2009

National Donut Day

Happy Donut Day!

Yep…I gotta say, I’m happy to live in a country where we celebrate the donut…

Christmas, absolutely!

Easter, you bet!

Birthdays (well, maybe not so much wanting to celebrate as you get older…)

Flag Day.

Mothers/Fathers day.

And today, I discovered that it was National Donut Day!

Sprinkles, crèmes, glazed and holes.

We walked into our donut shop and chose our FREE donut for the day. Talk about a TREAT! Ohhhhh, yummy, you better believe we stuffed our faces. Had Little Munchkin not konked out on my shoulder, I would’ve had some cute pictures to share with you…

But, it wasn’t to be.

So you’ll have to just use your imagination…to picture my older two nibbling all the sprinkles off their glazed donuts, in order to make it last longer…me, suckin’ down my custard filled, chocolate glazed piece of heaven in 5 seconds or less!!! And finally, Little Munchkin (once she woke up) smearing all that sticky, scrumptious sugar all over her face, hands, car seat, windows, shoes, baby doll, etc etc…

Yummy day! Have a donut!