Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Play acting in the next room

Conversation currently happening at my house between sisters:

“Okay, so you pretend that you’re like 20.”

“Yeah, and we can be sisters. (right cuz it makes sense to PRETEND that)
Okay, and you pretend that you live over here.
This is our store and this is our house…”

“Yeah, and let’s pretend that you are going to go shopping..
And then, you can like, pretend to buy stuff and I can pretend to sell it to you..”

“Okay and you be 10 and what is your name?”

“I’m gonna be Rose and you pretend to be Violet
Okay, wait, my name is Rose and people call me Rosetta or Rose…”

“But what if we call you something else?”

“I’m the second oldest, and I’m 20 and my name is Isabelle
No, wait, now I’m 8…I’m gonna be the youngest”

“Wait, who lives in the Boxcar?”

“What are we playing?”

“Meijer”

Yeah, don’t ask…don’t have a clue what is going on, but I’m sitting here chuckling to myself over the “play-acting” that is going on in the next room…