Now, if you are a loyal follower of certain blogs...you know that there are certain "days" for things...My friend Marla does a Swirly Saturday...Big Mama does a Fashion Friday...MckMama does a Not Me Monday...
I'd like to play off of the Not Me Monday...I know that it's Wednesday...my calendar for some reason is on the month of December, but I do remember that today IS Wednesday...but, the fact that my calendar is reading December should give the tip off there that I've had a bit of a crazy week...or half a week as it is...
So today, for me, is Not Me Wednesday...No, it doesn't rhyme or have any sort of alliteration...just pretend with me okay?
Let's begin:
I most certainly did not leave a rotting banana in a bag in my laundry room awhile ago only to discover HUNDREDS of fruit flies flying around my clean laundry this afternoon. And, I most certainly did not lock myself in the laundry room with a fly swatter and begin swinging it aimlessly until I killed almost all of them...Nope, not me!
I most certainly did not casually say to my 2nd born, "Sure, you can take her diaper off (referring to Little Munchkin) and help her sit on the potty" only to hear moments later, "Ummm, Mom, she pooped on the floor!"...Not me...I mean, WHY would I let a 5 year old help a 2 year use the potty whilst I am fiddling with who knows what in another room? And I most certainly did not have to go and get toothpicks to pick the poop out of the wood floor cracks upon which she swished it...Nope, that's just way too disgusting right?
I did NOT send my 2 lovies out the door yesterday morning in the chilly 51 degree weather in short sleeves and told them, "Oh, it'll warm up...don't worry" only to discover later that it really WASN'T going to warm up...in fact it was going to reach a whoppin' 58 degrees ...what kind of mother does that? And so, I did not have to pack Little Munchkin in the car and haul over to the school with long sleeve shirts and jackets for my girls after they got on the bus with their teeth chattering.
I did not feed Little Munchkin cheez its for breakfast yesterday morning because I was in too much of a hurry to get out the door and get jackets to the other girls...not me, because I didnt' have anywhere to go remember?
I did not finish off the rest of the cookie dough in the fridge yesterday...I did not, I did not, I did not! Jillian Michaels wouldn't approve...it wasn't me...Cookie Monster did it!
It's only Wednesday...what in the world...I think sometimes God must be looking at me thinking one of two things 1) Okay, she is just crackin' me up!!! or 2) Oh, come on girl, I raised you better than that!!!
Good grief! There are times that I don't even understand half the things I do, I think my brain needs a little break! I'm already looking forward to Christmas...which may be subconsciously why my calendar is hanging on December...hmmmm?
Enjoy your day!