Friday, September 18, 2009

It's like I'm Laura Ingalls

Well...

with out the braids, and the fields of green...

and, I suppose without the electric oven, the Kitchen aid mixer, and the teflon coated pots and pans...

And, I guess they also didn't have Pam spray, quick rise yeast, or pepperoni from a bag and mozzerella cheese shredded in the fridge...

yeah, they didn't have a fridge either...hmmmmm...

Okay, well then, let's just say I felt very Martha Stuartish??? Holly Homemakerish?

You see...THIS is what I had for dinner last night:

Yummy stromboli, pizza dough from scratch, pasta sauce from our garden...

Green beans fresh from the poles in our garden, sauted in pine nuts, garlic and oil...

And...the biggest news: our LETTUCE is back...


Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, that big bowl of leafy greens was delicious!!!
There is just something to say for growing your own food, picking it and then eating it in your own kitchen!! It was so yummy!

Wonder what Italian Stallion would say to raising chickens...hmmmm???