I shot my first "official" wedding on Saturday...as a second shooter...or rather, a 4th shooter...
Regardless, it was an experience. I was soaking it in! Meredith, of Cope Photography, let me tag along. Don't get me wrong, she put me to work. I discovered some more muscles that Jillian Michaels hadn't uncovered while hauling some of those massive lenses!
This "experience" was far different than the wedding I was at in June...this was high scaled and had an innumerable amount of people. (obviously, they counted at some point, but after 500, I just quit trying to figure it out) And when I liken it to My Big Fat Greek Wedding...well, multiply it by about 5 and that's what it was like...
The band didn't stop playing, they didn't stop dancing, they didn't stop eating, and they didn't stop drinking...it was over the top!! Meredith did such an incredible job of keeping everything in balance and focus...she became the go-to person for the bride and groom...just to keep things moving in the right direction...(seeing as it all "started" at 11 and the wedding wasn't until 2pm)
I'm anxious to hear her opinion on the images that I was able to capture (when I wasn't dodging the "friendly" groomsmen or being drenched in the rain)
It was good to get home...but I was sooooo thankful for the opportunity and the experience of it all! I learned some more "camera" stuff too...and I'm anxious to get practicing some more!
Also, need some opinions out there concerning what I'd call Picture Parties...I'm thinking of scheduling a Sunday afternoon...basically, I'd sign up about 4 "clients/families" for about 15-20 time slots...I would shoot for ONLY that amount of time and get whatever I get and then go onto the next family for 15-20 minutes....So, for about an hour, I'd be at a location taking pictures...This would be no cost to the people for the session...however, I would have the pictures up on a gallery...if they liked one or all of them, it would just be a one time cost to purchase the CD (maybe $30?))...I'd make it less than a scheduled regular session because they're not getting the full 30-45 min. and not as many pictures...However, when I think of places like Picture People or Celebrity Kids or other similar types of venues, they charge about $15 per 8 x 10 print...In my case, people get an entire CD that they can print however many they want (at Costco even, for $1.46 a print) Does that sound reasonable to you? Love your input friends!!! If it's a go...I'll jump on over to my "other" site and get it signed up!
Have a great Monday!