I'm not the most confident of people...I may come across as such, in certain situations, but in reality, I detest decision making...I do NOT like taking risks...and I'm scared of both success and failure. Success because it means time, energy, committment...and not that I shy away from those things, it's just when it comes down to it, I'd prefer to be with my husband and girls than with anyone or anything else in this world.
Recently, with my new season of life creeping up on me, I've found that God has renewed that love of "creating things" in my heart. I've always been like that, He made me that way. That's why I love doing things with my girls or making up stories with them or playacting or pasting and coloring...it's the artsy side of me.
I had a passion for teaching when I first got out of college...I LOVED planning, I ADORED my students and I was in the spot light all day long! WHAT FUN! On the flip side of that, it took a lot of my emotional energy, physical time and was mental challenging...I so enjoyed it while I was a teacher...after having my kiddos those, I realize that with MY personality and my inability to "shut out" work, teaching isn't necessarily the ideal situation for me while my kiddos are at least still elementary age...at least that's what I suppose...(pleas forgive me as I run around the barn a few times to get to my conclusion...) (yep, still joggin...I'll get there I promise)
Okay...so all this to say, in this meantime, God keeps putting these odd things in my path...photography type things...photoshop/creating/teaching type things...I wasn't looking for them...I wasn't going around asking for them...HE just kept bringing them to me...
And so, about 4 months ago Italian Stallion and I really started praying about what in the world to do with it all...because I am developing more time in my schedule because 2 of my kiddos are gone during the days...photography opportunities keep popping up...I need to start thinking about what my "time" is going to look like because Little Munchkin will be in school before I know it and if we want to be able to send them to college, get them married and possibly have a few "extras" in high school...well, it might be time for me to start looking into some ways to add to the family income..
This allllllll brings me to CT Photo Memories. If you didn't notice before, there's a little button on the right side there that you can click on and it will take you to my little web blog site for photography...I figure that I've got about 3 years to grow this craft, and dabble in it...sorta risk free...This is where we believe God brought us...now, whether it was just to boost my confidence a bit and let me have a little fun OR whether He has a grander story in mind, I DO NOT KNOW...infact, do NOT have the slightest clue...
But, for now, I"m just gonna keep followin' where He keeps leading and when He closes the door...well, I'm still playing with my felt board and tinklin' the ivories with Little Munch, so I'm gonna be just fine!
Hope over and let me know what you think...Love you all!