Thursday, September 10, 2009

I Met The Teachers

Last night I had the opportunity to really meet Sweetpea's teacher.

Peanut's open house was awhile ago...back when those tiny little Kindergarten students got to go into their classrooms with their parents while said "parents" were praying that they wouldn't loose it right there because their little babies were heading to school....

Everyone but the Kindergarten classes had the curriculum agenda night...and therefore, I got to meet the teacher and here how the class was set up for this year.

It's a funny sense of nostalgia and "itching" I get whenever I walk into a classroom. Takes me back to those days when I taught..the silly faces of kids, the bonds I made with them all, the "aroma" after recess on a hot day, the awesome stories we read together, the charts, the pencils, the books...didn't miss the parent-teacher conferences so much...but, it's always a fun time to get back into the classroom.

We really prayed this year that God would place Sweetpea in with a teacher that would suit her best. I didn't want to request someone...I wanted to rely on whatever God thought best and I wanted to use whatever opportunity was placed before us as an opportunity to grow her...

Two years ago, I requested a teacher...she was wonderful for the first semester...then she retired...it was H.A.R.D. after that...but I learned that "LIFE" happens, even to little 6 year olds...

And so, this year, we chose to take whatever came our way...and this year, God chose to surpass our expectations...To be honest, we were a little sad at first...she had none of her neighborhood friends in her class, her entire soccer team was in yet another class...how would she handle it???

Now, I'm sure eveyrone raves about their teacher, and rightly so, because if God truly does orchestrate our lives, that's how it should be...and so I'm raving...

Sweetpea's teacher is just such a perfect match for her...you could tell she wasn't the most comfortable in front of a lot of people (unlike Sweetpea's mother), she was sensitive to the fears and shy tendencies of her students. She is ORGANIZED and structured...another bonus for SP, because dear ole mom struggles a bit in that deparatment, but Sweetpea thrives in that environment...

I came home feeling so incredibly blessed and thankful. It was hard to let them go this year...I've been talking about this new "season" of my life and to be honest, it's a little scary. I had a wonderful friend over today who listened to me "dream" a little. I'll probably blog, blah, blah, blah about it in later posts...but for the time being, I'm thankful for the little big ways that He takes care of my worries so that I can focus on other things when the time permits.