Italian Stallion and I used to play this game on our long trips visiting family while we were in college. It's not that we're not content with what we have...it's just hilarious to think of all the things that you could get with a GAZILLION dollars! (if you didn't catch that, that was my disclaimer b/c I seem to be so into them lately...just want to make sure people understand me and sometimes that's hard on the computer screen) So, please feel free to join in and play with me here...
If I won the lottery...here are my top ten things that I would do first...this is all AFTER the obvious things like: pay off our mortgage and all the mortgages of all our family members and a few select friends...get all the girls' college, wedding and down payment on their first house all set aside...you know...the "regular" things we would do!
Here we go:
#1 I would add a beautiful back porch with patio and outside brick pizza oven (because you know any good Italian family NEEDS a good outdoor brick oven)...
all this WOULD include all patio furniture and of course, a porch swing...a nice ceiling fan on the porch might be nice as well...(while we're here in my little happy place, come sit and relax on my rocking chairs and sip some lemonade with me)#2 I would buy all these cameras

AND all these lenses

I had to combine these all onto one, otherwise, my entire list would consist of camera accessories...I figured it would be quite a boring post for y'all if I just went on and on about the Nikkor 10-24mm and the Nikkor micro lens and the Nikon D300 and the Nikon D90 and...and...and...okay, I'll stop now.
oh, and I would also get the Canon versions of all of these for my BFF A-M...cuz, I'm just that sort of friend :)
#3 Back to the back of my house, as we're sitting here sipping on the lemonade and taking pictures with all my cameras...we can take cute photos of my girls swimming in my beautiful inground pool, complete with waterslide and waterfall...and a pool boy who take care of all maintenance requirements so that my dear Italian Stallion wouldn't have to bother with it...and he could probably bring us some lemonade refills and wipe our perspiring brows...(I'm just sayin'...it could just be part of his job ya know?)
#4 Okay, so in order to keep that lemonade nice and cool, I'll need one of these:My fridge works just fine, but this model came out AFTER we got all our appliances for our house and oh my, if we were building NOW, I'd just order myself one of these!
#5 I've got to throw in a large screen TV with all the Wii golf that my husband could possibly enjoy...this would all be added to our finished basement that I would have done, complete with game and lounge room for the girls.#6 I would buy whatever land is left in our neighborhood and build houses for our dear friends the Austins and for my brother and his family...and since we have a GAZILLION dollars, I'd just throw in salary for them until they were able to find jobs here (considering they don't live in our state in the first place, so it would be quite the change for them...however, seeing as this is MY dream world...it would just work itself all out perfectly)
#7 This Washer and Dryer would be our next addition into a newly remodeled mudroom, complete with an outside spigot for dirty feet before the girls come into the house...
and I"d be sure to have one of these in there too...just cuz I think it's pretty...and you gotta add the pretty to the mudroom sometimes!
#8 I would get a laptop with CS4 installed on it...that's pretty much all I'd need...oh and maybe I'd order up some "actions" and stuff too...but, that's about it I think.#9 I believe a king sized bed would be a nice addition as well...may I just say, that if you have the money, or can sell things to get the money...when you get married, don't bother with the queen bed...you don't even really need a headboard or anything...just get the frame, 2 old box springs and then a really nice king sized mattress...it's worth it...especially if you plan on having kiddos...cuz by the time they are 2,5, and 7 they all want to crawl in bed with you in the mornings and there's just not enough room for all those squirming, growing bodies..
#10 I can't think of a super duper number 10 item...I'm sure I'd want to buy a new pair of jeans and get a new toaster (cuz ours is really quite nasty right now)...but, I think the last thing would be to travel...I'd love to take our family on really super vacations, I'd love to "honeymoon" again with Italian Stallion and go over to Italy...lots of options with this one I'm thinking...
Soooo, how about you...do you ever play the "what if I won the lottery game?" I'd love to hear any of your ideas or your top ten as well!!! Happy Monday!
EDIT: Just for the record, I don't even PLAY the lottery, which makes this post all the more ridiculous...but MUCH FUN to play on a long road trip, and when one wants to drift away into a "happy place" amidst the chaos of spilled milk, doggie doo on the floor, TV blaring, clogged toilets and mounds of laundry:)