One thing I really like about a blog is the ability to just journal. I do have another journal that I actually write in...like, with a pen and writing in cursive:) I use that mostly for when I need to sort a heart issue out, when I need to pray and contemplate to God about what's going on inside...
Sometimes however, my brain works a little bit faster than my hand can write...either that, or I get this huge cramp in my hand and I have to just give up and go finish more laundry...
So, I've been thinking lately...Now, I need to put a disclaimer here first...wouldn't it be fun if it were like one of those medical disclaimers like, "WARNING: reading this post may cause panic attacks, diarrhea, swelling of the eyeballs, extreme yawning and drowsiness...those without children or lack of sympathy for crazy mothers should seek other blog sites before reading further...consult facebook if symptoms become overwhelming"
Really, my disclaimer is that I DO know what a privilege it is to be able to do what I do...I LOVE and have dreamed of doing this "job" my whole life...I do not take it lightly...just wanted to make that clear, because in a sec, my brain may fire off in a million directions...
Next week starts a new "season" in my life. It may ONLY be for one year, it may continue for awhile...but regardless of what the future holds, I'm dealing with the "right now"...and "right now" things are changing. Last year, we chose to homeschool our girls...it was an incredible experience. I absolutely LOVED it. We not only learned much, (in a small amount of time), but we played and had such a fun year. I wouldn't change that experience for anything (and we may choose to do it again) However, this year, for a number of reasons (different for each of our girls), we chose to put them into the local public school for this coming school year.
My days are going to look a whole lot different...I do have plans to be in the classrooms each week, I have storytimes blocked out and BSF to attend with Little Munchkin, and of course, I have my house to actually CLEAN, I'm already involved in multiple areas of service at church...but, now I'm wondering, what is it that God wants me to do with the other time slots available?
This is where my mind has settled...some would argue that I struggle with ADD...in that, I go from one thing to the next...I have my dear dad to thank for that...and in reality, I am thankful for it. My dad has umpteen hobbies and they change constantly...I am thankful for the talents God gave me and the interests He has given me a heart for: music, photography, teaching, painting, writing, creating things...
My dad is an entrepreneur at heart...he has already started multiple businesses...he inspires me with his grit, gumption and just risk-taking ability. God keeps putting "creative" things in my path and I have to wonder if the reason is to just encourage me to just enjoy or to push me to pursue?
And so, that's what's got me thinking here of late: start researching a photography/creative photo-art business? What that would look like? or Relax, and just enjoy this new season for what it is? or do a little of both?
As I ponder, I DO keep enjoying, and taking pictures, and doing projects, and just being me each day...and I keep praying that in each moment that is presented, I will seek direction and make wise choices...

And, I let the girls take goofy pictures of me with oversized, mammoth sunflowers???

Oh...and I keep making pasta sauce because the tomatoes have finally come in and BOY oh BOY does my house smell good with all that sauce simmerin' on the stove!!! Maybe I should become an Italian Pasta Sauce Maker..."Mamarazzi's Mmmmmm Mmmmmm Good Stuff"

Sometimes however, my brain works a little bit faster than my hand can write...either that, or I get this huge cramp in my hand and I have to just give up and go finish more laundry...
So, I've been thinking lately...Now, I need to put a disclaimer here first...wouldn't it be fun if it were like one of those medical disclaimers like, "WARNING: reading this post may cause panic attacks, diarrhea, swelling of the eyeballs, extreme yawning and drowsiness...those without children or lack of sympathy for crazy mothers should seek other blog sites before reading further...consult facebook if symptoms become overwhelming"
Really, my disclaimer is that I DO know what a privilege it is to be able to do what I do...I LOVE and have dreamed of doing this "job" my whole life...I do not take it lightly...just wanted to make that clear, because in a sec, my brain may fire off in a million directions...
Next week starts a new "season" in my life. It may ONLY be for one year, it may continue for awhile...but regardless of what the future holds, I'm dealing with the "right now"...and "right now" things are changing. Last year, we chose to homeschool our girls...it was an incredible experience. I absolutely LOVED it. We not only learned much, (in a small amount of time), but we played and had such a fun year. I wouldn't change that experience for anything (and we may choose to do it again) However, this year, for a number of reasons (different for each of our girls), we chose to put them into the local public school for this coming school year.
My days are going to look a whole lot different...I do have plans to be in the classrooms each week, I have storytimes blocked out and BSF to attend with Little Munchkin, and of course, I have my house to actually CLEAN, I'm already involved in multiple areas of service at church...but, now I'm wondering, what is it that God wants me to do with the other time slots available?
This is where my mind has settled...some would argue that I struggle with ADD...in that, I go from one thing to the next...I have my dear dad to thank for that...and in reality, I am thankful for it. My dad has umpteen hobbies and they change constantly...I am thankful for the talents God gave me and the interests He has given me a heart for: music, photography, teaching, painting, writing, creating things...
My dad is an entrepreneur at heart...he has already started multiple businesses...he inspires me with his grit, gumption and just risk-taking ability. God keeps putting "creative" things in my path and I have to wonder if the reason is to just encourage me to just enjoy or to push me to pursue?
And so, that's what's got me thinking here of late: start researching a photography/creative photo-art business? What that would look like? or Relax, and just enjoy this new season for what it is? or do a little of both?
As I ponder, I DO keep enjoying, and taking pictures, and doing projects, and just being me each day...and I keep praying that in each moment that is presented, I will seek direction and make wise choices...

And, I let the girls take goofy pictures of me with oversized, mammoth sunflowers???

Oh...and I keep making pasta sauce because the tomatoes have finally come in and BOY oh BOY does my house smell good with all that sauce simmerin' on the stove!!! Maybe I should become an Italian Pasta Sauce Maker..."Mamarazzi's Mmmmmm Mmmmmm Good Stuff"
