Monday, August 31, 2009

I'm so glad Jesus made cars and bikes...

Peanut has a unique way of looking at things...she completely humbles me at times, even inspires me by her childlike purity in thinking.

She has a relationship with her Heavenly Father that even I am a little envious of at times...her prayers are heartfelt and real. No pretense or trying to "find the right words" for her...nope, she just tells it like it is...

And, she blurts out statements that just sometimes stop me in my tracks...

We went on a little "adventure" today...that's what she likes to call them...those special times where it's just me and her or her and daddy. Today, we found a spot to ride our bikes over a really big bridge. She says things like, "It's so pretty Mommy, just wait a minute, I'm almost starting to cry and I can't or I won't be able to see." She just takes things in...

"Mommy, I like when we go on adventures and we see new scenic things" She sounds like she's 5 going on 30, but I love it!!!

So, while on our little excursion, she blurts out, "I'm so glad Jesus made cars and bikes"...yep, she likes her bike. She likes riding with her Mommy. She is learning to be comfortable in who she was made to be!

I'm having a hard time watching her grow though, to be honest. I want to empower her, to have her know that she CAN do it, but sometimes I long for her to just stay that dependent little child.

Last week was her first day at school. In the act of empowerment, we let her get on that bus, and didn't go with her to class, didn't see her at lunch, nor pick her up after school. She rode the bus all the way home.

No, she didn't eat her lunch due to a little nervous stomach...
Yes, her teacher panicked...
No, Peanut had no qualms about using her little charge card at lunch to at least get come chocolate milk, although her older sister wouldn't have TOUCHED the thing without prior permission...
Yes, she left her folder at school...
Yes, a little boy punched her in her arm the first day...
No, it didn't hurt all that much...

and YES, she survived...she made it through...she was proud of herself, she knew Jesus was with her all day too...and YES, she's ready to go back again this week...and I have been informed that she will be ordering pizza on Friday!!!


Another first this week:

She scored 2 goals in her very first soccer game of her entire short life...
She wasn't excited or anything...