Thursday, August 27, 2009

An Uneventful day???

I'd like to report that yesterday was thrilling, fun-filled, smiles all around, glorious, uneventful...

But, I'd only be telling a THIRD truth...

You see, only 1/3 of my brood was elated to get on the school bus! Only 1/3 of them was all smiles and giggles and energy-bottled-up-ready-to-explode-if-I-don't-get-to-school-in-the-next-5-minutes!!! AND, she even matched her best friend...they did the whole "coordinate the outfit" the night before...I can NOT believe we are at that stage already!!!




My other 2/3 were a mess...there's just no other way to explain it...I can't even liken it to anything because I could chuckle if it weren't so stinkin' SAD!

The other girlies just cried and cried..."my best friend is GONE...FOREVER..." (we do NOT encourage "drama" in our household, oh no, can't you tell?) I think Little Munchkin just balled because Peanut did and then Peanut kept crying because Little Munchkin was crying...it was the endless circle of tears...

Not to mention that I'm standing on quite the fragile emotional ledge here of late having to watch not one but TWO of my girlies head to school this year and I couldn't even let my guard down because I had to be "strong"...(this isn't necessarily one of "strong suits" either, considering I cry at EVERY viewing of the Notebook, Pride & Prejudice and countless other sappy movies that I"ve seen a HUNDRED TIMES)

But (Oh, thank the Lord for buts...not THOSE BUTTS, but the other buts...are you totally smiling because I keep saying the word but? I think I've been spending a lot of quality time with my 5 year old of late yes?) Anyhoo...the day progressed, we got the happys back...

How can they NOT come back after a trip to Barnes and Noble, getting a free book (SCORE), sucking down a free milkshake (DOUBLE SCORE) and getting to go swimming in the neighbor's pool for the afternoon (SCORE SCORE SCORE SCORE SCORE...WOOHOO)

With those happys back, my girlies eagerly awaited big sis by picking flowers...I thought these pics were too cute not to share...


Oh, and one more thing...completely unrelated to anything from above...we got a hummingbird stuck in our garge ALL AFTERNOON...so, I just took pictures of the little guy...he kept flying in figure 8s around the ceiling of my garage...we left the doors open, but he just wasn't getting out...Italian Stallion got him out when he got home from work...I'm not going to tell you how he did it, but I will tell you that the little bird DID fly away all by him or herself...he/she may have been a little dazed, but flew nevertheless!!!