Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's the Week that never ends...it just goes on and on my friend...la la la

I'm beat....whipped....worn out...to use a fellow bloggers words, "I sit here feeling a level of exhaustion that I didn’t think existed" outside of being forced to watch a marathon of Blues Clues and Wonder Pets.

It's been a whirlwind of a week. Did I say whirlwind? That may be putting it mildly...it's been more like a cyclone, or maybe a tsunami (I like to spell that word, tsunami, by the way...isn't it neat that it starts with a "t"?)

Please pardon my scattered brain-ness, my head is throbbing due to an incredible headache that I can't seem to remedy (although, I'm sure if I could get my tired body OUT of this chair and get some meds, I might have a slight chance of actually stopping the clanging in my brain!)

Back to my week last THREE days...it's not even the weekend...glory be!

It's always a blessing to have family come into town to visit, especially if they bring more cousins to hang out with..however, with that comes what I like to call "The Craziness"...

In order to spend as much time with everyone as possible, we usually plan "activities" for almost every moment of each day (minus the nap time for babies, which usually gets pushed to the VERY limit and cut short on the other end)

It started off with the Fair...In and of itself, it is sooo fun: the ferris wheel ride, the free crafts, the animals, the butter cow...it's like walking into another world...now, add the hot sun beating down on you as you push a stroller made for 2 but cram 3-4 tired kids to ride in, family day rates while ALL children within the city limits (and some that aren't) come on out, and a mother who happens to be a tad "forgetful" on basic needs...not necessarily the "best" combo here...

Let's just say, that between my sunburned shoulders and an incredibly stained rear end (due to a "monthly" forgetfulness mind you...you're gonna just have to figure that one out on your own)...my "fun" had only just begun. Onto Tuesday: ya know, after staying 7 hours at the fair the day before, why not just plan to spend another 4-5 hours at a science museum the next day..I mean, come on...it's not like it can be THAT tiring right? Well, considering it was a "rain" day and this "option" happens to be the biggest place available...pretty much everyone else had the same idea as well...one plus: Mommy wasn't so forgetful this day...yay for me!
Today (this would be Wednesday and yes I do understand that I only have 2.5 hours left in this day, but it's gonna post here anyway) was the zoo...and not JUST the zoo...nope, it was the Mega-ride all the rides-soak Momma on the log flume-get sick on the pirate ship-walk a million miles-make decisions for the most indecisive ride goers on the planet-Zoo Trip.

I used to be a good roller coaster rider...my youth pastor got me to go on the Gemini at Cedar Point way back in the day...and I was hooked! Fast forward just a few many years, and 3 babies later...yep, I can't even get on the Dumbo ride at Disneyworld without getting a little woozy...so when Peanut, needed me to ride all the rides with her that needed the whole "must be accompanied by an adult"...oh man, I didn't think I was gonna make it out of the park, let alone to my car, and drive home. The things we do for our children...I commented to my sister in law who was on the sidelines as I was headed up the log flume for the second time in a row, covered with water, hair dripping, cell phone down my shorts because I forgot to put it in the stroller before boarding the open topped submarine, freezing with goosebumps because it had now started to rain, "It's a wonder Mothers don't get paid to do the job they do!"...b/c seriously, if it were really clocked, we'd make a fortune!!!

Little side note: I do count my blessings that my God has allowed our little family to function the way it does...that I get to be a SAHM is AWESOME! And so, I jokingly comment...cuz I know full well that the joys outweigh anything else!!! (just in case you didn't think I knew that!)