Sunday, August 9, 2009

Driving, Croupe and the Grumps

Today begins a new week...a week of just us girls + Daddy. I heart family...I heart being in the middle of all the action...I don't heart the aftermath...So, new week, minus the zoo, the fair, the museum, the driving hundreds of miles, the crankies, the whines, the over sugared up kiddos...ahhhhhhhhhh, bring it on!

We are back from our trip north to visit my parents. My girls adore their grandparents...oh my goodness..."Mommy who?"...I'm basically the unknown chauffeur...just get them there and then get out of the way, because it's ALL about Grandma & Papa & Grandpa and Gram...I don't mind though...it makes my heart smile. I'm glad that they have these special moments with my parents....they will treasure them forever, I know!

While visiting, Peanut had croup...now, if you have ever experienced croup, you will understand that it basically scares the living daylights out of you to hear that sound in the middle of the night...my little lovely tends to get REALLY worked up about it as well...infact, I had to call 911 one time because I couldn't get her to be able to settle down and take a breath...(that's an entirely different story, though and not one I like to remember)

Anyway, she got croup in the night and therefore I was up all night with her..which is a LOVELY thing to do 5 hours from having to drive all three girls back home. Needless to say, once morning came, I was not Miss Sunshine.

I'm skipping all kinds of "good parts" here, but there really isn't a purpose to this particular post except to just state what happened this weekend, in case you were actually wondering, "Hmmm, I wonder what the girls did this weekend?"

Where was I? Yes, I drove home, with three very sleepy, whiney little girls whose mother was very sleepy, whiney and GRUMPY...not the best combination!!!

My Grumpiness continued right in the back door of our home and furthermore, went all the way through until the next morning around noon! No excuse really...just plain grumpy...my poor husband ended up tending to the girls all that night and slept in the guest room to boot...how's that for grumpiness?

All's well now...but I'd rather not relive this past weekend:) So, we are looking forward to a nice, quiet week...I'll keep you posted:)