Wednesday, March 31, 2010

photoshop savvy egg pictures

I have two purposes in this post:  1) to show you the easter egg eggstravaganza that the family participated in the other evening...it's a time of angst for the parents as we watch with fear and trepidation as each child wipes the egg coloring dye onto their faces, their clothes and most importantly...our counter tops!!!  We are at the ready with Lysol and Magic eraser...(hee hee I almost said ereaster...isn't that silly?)  Anyhoo...we survived, our countertops have just a few splashes of color here and there that will wear down over time I suppose...although, I'm pretty sure Little Munchkin's shirt will never be the same...
and 2) It is amazing to me that I was able to find photoshop ACTIONS that work on elements...

What is an action you ask? 

Well...I would be HAPPY to tell you...and "action", as it pertains to photoshop, is when you want to do something to the photo that would most likely take about 15 steps to do...for example, you want to brighten it, boost the contrast, change the saturation, burn the edges, swirl it a little, give it a hint of a vintage look, black and white it a bit...ALL this to ONE picture...it takes a bit of time to say the least...

Insert ACTION...all those steps are combined into ONE button and whammo...image done! 

So, I played with a few of the actions...didn't do something to all of them...but, thought I'd share nonetheless...

hope you enjoy this upcoming beautiful weather...you may be seeing more pictures from MOI, as I can FINALLY get outside and practice a bit!!!  YIPPEE!!!