Friday, March 12, 2010

MAMMOGRAMS and such

How do you like that word showing up in the Title, huh? and in all CAPS nonetheless?

Oh, not as much fun as I had when I had to schedule my first MAMMOGRAM the other day...good gravy, I can't believe I'm old enough to be getting one of those.

I'm not really nervous about it...I got myself an appointment with the Mobile Mammogram Unit...it's a Mammogram on Wheels...it's like my very own Ice cream truck, except I don't get ice cream and my boobs get smooshed...FUN STUFF!

I would now like to give a spoiler alert at this point in the post...further things written are probably best for women's eyes only...you men (if there are any out there that read this other than my husband) will just not get the lamenting and emotional strife associated with the comments that I will make...so I would just advise you to wrap it up, click on another link, go get some ice cream and just sign it off for now...

okay...is it just us girls?

are we good?

I lied just a little bit before...I am a 'Leeeetle" nervous about the mammogram...not because I think I have cancer, not because I think it will hurt...heaven knows I've been through labor enough times without epidurals to know that I can handle the pain...but here's the thing ladies: my girls sucked just about all the substance out of my "sistas"...there's just not much left...nursing was AWESOME while it lasted...I LOVED it...and then it was gone and I said Adios Mamas...seriously, what are they going to be able to smoosh in between the cold, metal slabs...I think they may just have to do a regular x-ray in my case...

And that's just about it...so, next month, I get to haul myself over to the Traveling Mammogram Vehicle and get myself all check out...I think I"ll bring some change with me in case I CAN get a Fudgecicle along with my exam!