Six days at Disney...Sunday: Hollywood Studios & Fantasmic
Monday: Magic Kingdom
Tuesday: Epcot
Wednesday: Magic Kingdom
Thursday: Animal Kingdom
Friday: Magic Kingdom
Sunday was crowded and we did mostly the "girlies" things...i.e. we skipped Star wars, anything that blew up, caught on fire, crashed or made any loud noises other than the Beast's roar in Beauty's production of her story. We loved Playhouse Disney and walked through the Caspian display. Fantasmic was fantastic...awesome...incredible...scary...cold...crowded..but, fantastic.
It rained the first two times we went to the Magic Kingdom...but that worked out well, because we only stayed until dinner time those 2 days and just did Fantasyland and Toontown the first time and the rest of the "lands" the next time...that left Friday to just do all our favorites and finally see the fireworks. Plus, with all the rain, we never stood in line for more than about 10 minutes for any ride...most of the time we'd just get off and get right back on again.
Animal Kingdom was nice, but I think I'm spoiled with such an awesome zoo here, that it really didn't feel all that great...the 3 shows we saw were breathtaking: Lion King...WOW and Nemo, OH MY GOODNESS...the girls loved it, I loved it and even Italian Stallion who can barely be in the same room when the girls are watching Sound of Music, was in awe.
But, what I want to talk about is Epcot because, although my husband called me a nerd because of my love of all things Epcot, I LOVE Epcot...oh my goodness...
First of all, Futureworld is COSI on steriods...there was so much to do for the girls and me...we played educational games and had such fun...we road the Soarin' ride and it took our breath away. Plus, we got to see all the characters in one spot and got that out of the way fast!!! WOOHOO...And when we finally pulled ourselves out of that "land" we headed to the World Showcase with our Kim Possible transmitter to "save the world"...it was a blast...My hubby did humor me and purchased a passport for me to get stamped...the girls got to do masks, I got my own passport...maybe I am a nerd...but I sooo could have stayed another 3 days there to explore all the different countries and sample the food!
The week at Disney was definitely worth it for me and my family! Wouldn't change a thing...did I mention that my FIL went with us to drop us off and pick us up so that we didn't have to pay for parking? We nicknamed him "juan" for the week and "paid" him in bottles of wine and a couple of dinners.
I'll be back soon with a discussion on all things Bonita Springs and large zits that decided to appear on my face...I'm sure you're looking forward to that next post!
