Monday, March 29, 2010

Learned Something New

Thanks to our awesome friends, the Austins, we enjoyed an incredible dinner out last night to our family favorite restaurant, Molly Woo's. 

After our "usual" order of chicken pad thai, happy family, woodles of noodes, dragon fingers and our all time favorite:  lettuce cups...we decided to add something to the mix...

Now, what could be needed after smothering our faces with butter as we slurp the woodle noodles?  What else is worth eating after savoring the lettuce greens that encircled the spicy concoction of chicken and water chestnuts?  What more can you ask for after stuffing your face full of flat noodles and alfalfa sprouts?

In my opinion:  NOTHING...

Not so with with Italian Stallion...

You'd think, being Italian...well, that he wouldn't have this natural zest for Asian cuisine...Yes, they may share a continent slight edit:  they share a land mass...different continents!, but we're a far cry from sesame and brown sauce...I love me some pad thai and maybe some sesame chicken, but I don't venture farther than that...the girls and I enjoy our "asian" buttered noodles...but, that's about as far as we go in the oriental world...

Enter SUSHI...

The girls and I just sorta stared as Daddy mixed his little sauces in the oh so tiny dish...we looked questioningly at one another at the fishy smelling cylinders on his plate...Although, Little Munchkin was a little too busy slurping in a long noodle to notice too much...and it was one of those times that I could have kicked myself for not bringing my camera...her face resembled one that had sucked too hard on a lemon, but was enjoying it all the same...

Anyhoo...Daddy just picked up that little rice patty thingy and popped it in his mouth..."Mommy, how about you try it?"  Not to be outdone, I did the same...with much regret and remorse I will now admit...

Don't get me wrong...I like me some good tuna every once in awhile...with MAYONAISE thank you very much!!! and on BREAD ahem

So, I learned something...I don't like Sushi...and by my admission and facial expressions, I doubt my children will ever try it either...and I refuse to feel badly about it...after all...I just finished reading So Long, Insecurity (stay tuned tomorrow for my inspiring book review ha ha) and I'm fine with it...

Have a great Monday!