No, she hasn't gone to the Puppy Play Yard in the Sky...she's gone home...to her REAL home...back in Michigan with her family...the one that just came back from KENYA!
It was a bittersweet weekend...well, for a few of us...
Italian Stallion and I were trying not to do a little happy dance as we took down the dog crate...being that our children were bawling and begging for their "own" dog in the near near near future...
This is not necessarily something that we want to pursue at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I do love dogs...I've had 2 in my life and "dogsat" another...The first two were mine and I loved them as if they were my own children...the latter, well...she was my best friend's puppy and b/c of that, I cared for her, but wasn't emotionally attached...but, that's not really the point of this post...
Let's just get onto the fun stuff:
The Austins are home!!! WooHoo!!!
We got all 6 girls together and had ourselves some fun!
I'm soooo very thankful that our girlies play so well together...they aren't REAL cousins, but they treat each other as such...and I guess, since I often refer to and consider Sara my sister...it just goes hand in hand!
As do our girlies...
It was fun to catch up, meet their sweet little addition and just have some girl time...
Sara hasn't been REAL shopping-shopping in a long while...so I took her to Old Navy with my coupon...let's just say that they shut the lights off on us in the dressing room b/c we were there so long...and then we headed to our favorite hangout...
can you guess?
If you know us at all: we head to Barnes and Noble...our guys tease us endlessly about our idea of fun...but, hey, we couple it with a Starbucks or some chocolate dessert...so, it works itself out in the end...
We also enlisted the girls to start the beginnings of...dunt dunt dunt duuuuuuuh....
THE GARDEN...
Oh, I can't tell you excited I am that I have stuff already starting to make its way up through the dirt...31 garlic bulbs are shootin' through already...the girls planted a row of onions and 3 rows of lettuce...every 2 weeks, we'll be planting more until we reach the "after frost" date when we can plant everything else...
I'm hoping the garden will be a good distraction...if not, we may be adding a fish or two at our house until it all calms down...who knows...








