We had a fairly uneventful morning...if by uneventful I mean that I forgot that we pushed ahead an hour and that I needed to get Peanut bathed because she had to forego her washing the evening prior due to some disobedience issues that needed to be rectified by going to bed early and without any treats AND if I mean that I couldn't decide what to wear (which is pretty typical this time of the month) and so I walked around the house in something that my children would be HORRIFIED if I stepped outside the room wearing until I could figure it out AND if you mean that the waffle iron broke and wouldn't cook the waffles on one side and so we all had to settle for pancakes which we are pretty tired from considering we had them pretty much every morning of our 2 week vacation....
Yes, so it was uneventful and we headed to church...all went well...all girls into their classes, we got to hear the entire sermon and then the girls went home with their good friends for the afternoon leaving Little Munchkin with me and her daddy...
Out to lunch, over to say hi to Nana and Popi and then off to nap time...
((all is well as this point...hang in there, I get to the point soon))
I pick up the kiddos from their little afternoon play date only to be bombarded with: whining, crying, begging, pleading, arguing, meaness and just down right yucky stuff...
Now, I will tell you that the mother of said playdates swore up and down that my girls had been angels and just "shared everything" and were "so sweet" and just lovely all afternoon...
Ummm....well, where did those girls go, pray tell me, because the 2 kiddos in the back of my car do NOT exhibit the qualities you are currently describing...
And it went downhill from there...we had to come home to some homework...
Now, if you've ever tried helping someone with homework who is a perfectionist, a little flighty and very indecisive (this would describe me to a T) then you would understand that it's just plain torture...and so, I gave that job to my darling Italian Stallion...cuz, although I love my Sweetpea, she's a bit like me at times and I just can't handle it...
So as he's dealing with her, I've got Peanut and Little Munch...Peanut is a no nonsense, get it done type person...and with that comes sloppy, and half-quality jobs that she can also talk herself into believing it actually IS done even when she still has at least 10 more problems to finish because, "I get it anyway"...
All the while, my youngest is begging me to help her with her "humwork" too which consists of drawing fifty million Disney characters and then sticking them with stickers until they are unrecognizeable...
This was all after the "break" time drama when Sweetpea declared that she was "done being a big sister and just couldn't take it anymore" and Peanut decided to shove Little Munchkin because SHE wanted to wash the dishes and it was rightly her turn...Little Munchkin kept screaming, "where are my sissssers?" after they both left her to escape to some solitary time until break time was over...
So, my glimpse into the future...let's multiply this all by raging hormones, PMS, high school girl drama and fast forward just a few years...
yep...got me some fun stuff to look forward too....
please note that my girlies are not always like this...but, yesterday they were...for anyone who had the crazy notion that I had perfect children and participated in perfect parenting, I hope you are now set straight and hopefully encouraged that we are most definitely crazier than the average household!!!