I'm putting in a little "interjection" from my Florida talks...just to "mix things up a bit" and to perhaps not bore you all with vacation details:)
Anyhoo..."And the Oscar goes to..."
I'm not really sure what I think, so please understand that I am a person who talks herself to a conclusion. Heck, let's not say conclusion, let's just say I "talk"....it's kinda how I "think"...
Being a person who loves words, who loves attention, who loves people...I "get" the Oscars...I understand that excitement that "somebody might like me"...but, after the jokes, the laughs, the poking fun, the drama of it all...it's really just people...that act.
Perhaps I have a chip on my shoulder, but the fact of the matter is that really, albeit, they do a great job in their acting, it's a job just like anyone else. I WOOHOO my husband for coming home at the end of the day working stinkin' hard to support our family. I WOOHOO the doctors that make sure I don't have cancer (more on that later). I'd like to give an Oscar (and let's face it: the MONEY) to the teachers who educate my little girls everyday, whom I allow to mold their minds and teach them daily.
I get the hoopla and I don't get it...I"m not sure why we, as humans, give these "people in the spotlight" soooo much praise and glory...
We were waiting in line at the Pooh ride in Disney on the last day...the line was unusually long, but it was the last day and it was a "favorite"...low and behold, Scottie Pippin shows up with his entourage and gets scooted to the front of the line...making all us "Low-lifes" wait another 15 minutes...
because he can shoot a ball through a hoop? Honey, if I were having a heart attack and ready to leave this earth, I could care less about your dribbling skills, I'm lookin' for a doctor with some knowledge and precision!
It's not that I saw arrogance the other night...I just think that the potential is there when America sets up a night to celebrate them...I saw beautiful people hoping that their name would be called...people who love their craft, and do it well, but are just people after all...and I'm hard pressed to believe that they don't really work like the average "joe" and yet, they get paid more for one movie than I'll see in a lifetime.
I'm a "center of attention" gal...I understand that feeling of wanting to be liked and accepted...but, I don't know...it just seems like a lot of hoopla for people that are no different that you and I other than perhaps better genes...that's just my thought on that topic...