Saturday, March 13, 2010

P90X

it's a workout program...

ever heard of it?

I'm not trying to promote it by any means, but I did happen to order it last Wednesday.

I've been borrowing the DVDs for 5 weeks now.

In an effort to be completely honest and transparent, I will tell you that the ONLY reason the I began searching for something other than my Jillian Michaels video and/or running on my treadmill is 1) I was bored 2) my hubby and I get to go on a special trip in the near future and I promised myself that I would for the first time in my entire life...wear a two piece bathing suit...

I write that really tiny because there's still a part of me that has a bit of me that has some pretty conservative views on things and wearing what is seemingly "underwear" in public is one of them...HOWEVER, my hubby and I will be in our own little place and I think I can muster some "umpf" to wear one...

Here's the thing...remember that doctor appointment I mentioned the other day...well, I also asked my doctor what, if anything I could do about the stretched out portion of my body that my 3 children did to me...

She smiled graciously, pointed out her pooch and said, "Not to discourage you, but that's just how it goes..." UGH...

You mean I missed my opportunity? All the years I was wearing XL in everything because I didn't want anyone to even know I HAD a shape....

UGH...anyway...so, I happened upon p90x and I gotta say...there MAY be some hope!

Now, I can't guarantee that I will be able to walk for about an hour after each workout, but, let me just give you an example...

After just 4 weeks of working out, while in Disney we wanted to see the fireworks and needed a good spot...we didn't get situated in time, so Italian Stallion sits Sweetpea on his shoulders and hauls Peanut on the front and tries to manuever us through the crowd (me following with the camcorder and Little Munchkin)

After much pushing and scooting, he realized that he needed more maneuverability...so he handed Peanut over to me...I had her on my shoulders, Little Munchkin hanging on the front and I'm still recording..."I AM MOMMA...HEAR ME ROAR!!!"

I felt so strong...I've got me some muscles let me tell you...I still can't do a pull up (I just do the "modified" versions of most things) but still...I'm just sayin'...

Okay...so I promise to get some more pictures posted here soon from our trip...I KNOW you're dying to see them!!!