Thursday, March 18, 2010

The time change

I realize that it is now Thursday and the time change thing happened nearly 5 days ago. 

I get that...I can count...

The thing is, my body still hasn't figured it out. 

Now, my darling husband will disagree when I tell him that I "used to pop out of bed" at 6:30am eager to start my p90x each morning so that I'd finish in time to make lunches and wake the children...and by "pop out of bed" I mean that I would gradually roll around for about a half hour until I had stretched and hemhawed enough to finally roll myself out of bed with squinted eyes and shuffle my way to the bathroom...at which point I would brush my teeth (because y'all know how bad morning breath is and I can't be yellin' "HEP" at the P90 people and get blasted with my own halitosis)  and THEN I made it downstairs to my tennis shoes and pushed play on the DVD...

Okay, so maybe I didn't POP out of bed, but the point I wanted to be made was that I was out of bed by at least 7am and more often than not, I was starting my workout by 6:45...the thing is, my body likes that schedule...it's accustomed to the light at that specific time of day...except that NOW, it's 7:45 and that's just TOO late to get anything accomplished by the time the school bus comes...

Not to mention that I'm just struggling trying to get back to a normal schedule after being gone for 2 weeks to Florida...

Oh I can hear your violins being played and the pity in your voices...

okay okay okay...so I'm complaining and whining to no sympathy...don't worry, I"m not getting any here anyway!  Italian Stallion continues to get up at the same time everyday and HAS to be out the door no later than 7:15 and often earlier...and believe me, I am THANKFUL that he has chosen to take on that role of provider of our family...however...

It's times like these that I like to remind him that I did bear 3 children, of which I carried in my womb for 9 months each...it is my goal to return my body back to that time BEFORE the children, which forces me to awaken early each morning...so a little sympathy would be appreciated!

But anyhoo...I'm not quite there yet...I need to forget that the time change even occurred and then perhaps I can get my brain to stop playing tricks on me in the morning and actually get myself out of bed. 

Or maybe I can just breathe in my husband's face at 6:30 and he won't even have to use an alarm clock and I'll just keep the bed to myself for the next hour or so...hmmm.