Thursday, April 1, 2010

I'd Rather...

The past 24 hours has been a time period for me in which I'd rather ANYTHING than be in the position of parent...without going into details, it has been utterly exhausting, heartwrenching, sad, disappointing...I've fought feeling angry with myself, doubting myself...it's just NOT BEEN FUN. 

And so...I thought I'd compile a list of other horrible things that I would have rather gone through than the situations that have transpired recently...to you they may not seem all that horrible, but if you KNOW me...well, you'll just completely understand my pain.

I'd rather...
1) have a "wax" done
2) get a SHOT...with a real needle...for no reason...(and I don't DO needles people)
3) eat McDonald's pickles UGH
4) pay full price for all my groceries...nothing on sale and NO coupons
5) throw out all the stuff (read TREASURES) in my basement
6) watch a suspense, thriller movie without closed captioning, in a dark room, on a stormy night
7) watch TV all evening without closed captioning, never turn on the computer or pick up a book.
8) drink a diet dr. pepper, while eating jalepeno peppers and sushi (you can read about my past sushi encounter here)
9) watch continuous, marathon episodes of Ninja Warrior
10) be trapped on a plane with no children but NO READING MATERIAL available
11) pop out of bed at 5am to start my day
12) pluck my eyebrows...with actual tweezers
13) unclog toilets at a local Mexican restaurant
14) turn in my digital camera for a polaroid (now, come on...if you can't tell I'm hurtin' here I don't know what will clue you in?)
15) throw out my 30% off at Kohls and pay full price for articles of clothing at Von Maur and then pay shipping too!

here's hoping for a better rest of the week...feel free to offer up prayers for patience, wisdom and sanity!!!