Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Shout out to my DVR

There was a time in the not so distant past, that it would have been impossible for me to watch 5 hours of television shows in one evening...but thanks to my DVR, it is now not only a possibility, but a reality.

 Now, I have to be honest that I didn't want the DVR at first...I mean, really, I understand the VCR...I "get" the tape thing...I can manage that...but, Italian Stallion said that we needed to get out of the stone ages and into the generation into which our children are heading...(this scares me on so many other levels...but, anyway) 

I was NOT going to spend MORE money on something that we don't use all that much anyway...so we had a deal, that if we could get our bill reduced and the DVR added, we'd get it...

I.S. knows to sic me on those sales people...He's a sales person himself and I suppose he thinks it's better to send someone in with no experience and a mouth that can run a million miles in a minute...

Long story short, I talked soooo long to the wonderful sales lady giving her all our reasons and excuses and what shows we watch and how old my kiddos are and "do you like Noggin?" and blah blah blah...she finally gave up and said, "Miss, let me just get you over to the supervisor and we're just going to take your bill down about $40 and throw in a DVR and then you can have a pleasant evening."

done deal!  woohoo...

And sooo....has anyone caught the LIFE series on Discovery Channel?  In one setting I can watch fish eat hippo poop, birds mating and insects throwing their enemies over a ledge...it's AWESOME!  And then we just fast forward a few more episodes and watch kimodo dragons eat a water buffalo and a venus fly trap throw up a fly...

I think I got a full year of Science education in one setting!!!

Thank you DVR...although we now only have about 7% available space in which to record the girls beloved Electric Company...I still "heart" you!