The time when the uniforms come out...
The girls relish in teamwork and cheer...
They work as one and hone their skills...
It's a time of determination and drive...
It's a time when Mom sits on the sideline and yells, "Yank her hair out the next time she shoves you baby!!!" ahem
Did I just say that?
What I meant to say is, "Good job sweetheart, shake it off..shake it off"
The girls started soccer season again this weekend...we're into the stage in life where we have 2 soccer practices a week, 2 games each weekend and we collapse after church on Sunday.
We've got 2 great teams again this year and with Daddy as coach of both them...well, it just makes for easy scheduling and such... and for that I am grateful. Not that I'm that much of a help to him in the area of coaching. I think the other parents secretly laugh behind my back as I scream from sidelines things like, "block the shot...no wait, stop the ball...or is it don't let her score?...heck, keep the ball out of the net thing and do it fast girls!!!" YAY TEAM!
I've become quite the fan of soccer, even if I don't understand the lingo...I love that the girls run their guts out on the field and come home exhausted and all they need from Momma is an ice cold juice pouch and the TV remote for an hour...I love that they have fun with their teammates and make up cheers and dances whilst standing in the goal...and I especially love all the matching socks and cute hair things that we moms come up with each week...isn't that just what soccer is all about anyway?
Both of the girls teams won...Sweetpea even had 2 goals in her game...perhaps it is no surprise that they won given their intensity for the game which was evident as they rolled down the hilltops behind the sidelines while the other squads were out on the field...coach's back was turned, so it was all good! I wished I were able to get pictures of the roll scenes...it was like a mob of spinning robots coming out to the field when coach finally realized what was happening and then had to send them out to let the others get a breather...
I.S. and I had a little disagreement on our way to the games seeing as I wanted to get a team picture before they all played...it WAS picture today of course...however, they set up allllll the way on the other side of the fields. He thought it was just a waste of time and too much walking for me...you know, me and my bumb leg? I'd like to think that he was just looking out for me, but I think it was more to the fact that it meant that he had to carry more "stuff" for a longer period of time...I finally convinced him that, "honey, you never let me take a team picture before you play, you always make me wait until after and they're all red and sweaty...and they'll all be here early anyway!!"
This made all the difference in the world...let me tell you...after the girls finished rolling in the grass, practicing their dives and running around like adreniline hyped up girls ready for their first game...why, yes they were perfectly angelic looking in their team picture...grass stains, mussed up hair, red faces and all...
Don't tell I.S., but I think he may have had a point...
We're using the same team name from last season...LIGHTNING for Sweetpea's team and GREEN DOLPHINS for Peanut's...All I have to say, is that one of the nominations was for SKUNKS...so, I'm not complaining, because heaven help us if Mommy has to yell..."Go Skunks...Stink 'em outta here!" I'm more partial to Tigers, seeing as I.S. does a little growl thing in their huddle...I told him that another cute picture would be if they all got on their bellies and put their heads in their hands and crossed their feet in back....he gave me the evil eye and I swear I could hear a little snarl from the back of his throat..."this is SOCCER!!!"
See...they should be called Tigers...if for no other reason than their coach!!
And with that...the season begins!



