Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fashion Edition: What I'll wear to Grand Cayman

Our little getaway is only 2 weeks away…

To say that I’m excited would be an understatement…

Since this is something that my hubby “won”, in essence from work, there are some stipulations and/or dress codes while we are there…which is perfectly understandable seeing as they are paying for everything and I’m along for the ride…

However, my “free” vacation has turned into a bit of an expense (albeit FUN) with the amount of clothing that I must acquire before take off.

I’m a SAHM…who likes to play on the floor…swing on swings…get dirty in the garden…play chalk in the driveway…therefore, I basically own DENIM…denim shorts, denim capris, denim skirt…and I believe I own every color of tee shirt known to man…

But, that’s about it…well, unless you count my floofy Easter outfit that I bought about 4 years ago on a whim with my 20 year old sister at the time…had she not been there, I doubt I would have picked a pale pink twirly skirt off the rack, even if it were free…

So there you have it…I’ve been out shopping…and to do this I have to get into a ‘mode’ if you will…I have to “become” someone else…because, seriously…if it were ME shopping, I’d come back with one more tee shirt and the “cutest new pair of denim capris” and that’s NOT going to help me for our trip…

And, so…without further ado…I will share with you my finds this week…and if you are one that really doesn’t get into clothing all that much…well, I’ll just apologize now…

Each evening we are expecting some sort of gathering, in which I will need to dress appropriately…and by appropriately, it means that I can’t show up in my swimsuit and coverup…

I have a cute $4 maxi dress I got from a gap outlet a year ago…it’s blue…if you are friends with me on facebook you can view it here I had forgotten this item of clothing in the depths of my closet, because let's face it, when do you have an opportunity to where such a dress?  in between Twister and screaming on the soccer sidelines?  I think not...

Next we have a "steal" I discovered at Old Navy... I got the orange one...to which my sister replied, "Whew, glad you didn't get ME that color" (side note:  I bought her the green skirt)  I'm guessing she was not so subtly telling me that I may not have made the best choice...but, let us remember that I'm in a 'mode' and trying to get into the caribbean feel!  Plus, Sweetpea loves orange right now...and it gets me a cute little smile!  I am coupling the skirt with a white tank and a colorful, crazy cool necklace!

finally...this one is probably my favorite find..but just because I found it at LOFT. Well...and I also got an additional 35% off...woohoo...

so there you have it...i'm still in search of some dressy capris as a "just in case" situation...but I have some time...

We are both looking forward to some getaway time!!!