Actually, it didn't really start that way at all...I just wanted a good beginning...and just to set the record straight...it's not really a story either...I was going to try to be all creative and wordy and fun...but, I've had soooo much candy tonight and I think I'm on a bit of a sugar high...so my mind is jumpin' from one thing to the next! I'll just let the pictures tell the majority of the story...deal?
Okay...so, let me show you how it really began...
It started with these guys...
Oh, yes, the bright idea that I had..."Let's make these cute little jack o lanterns out of oranges and fill them with fruit cocktail, cuz it'll just be so cute, and it'll be so much fun and let's go buy everything right now..."
Let's fast forward to carving Orange #18...not so much fun anymore...once we finished with Orange #22, I was pretty much DONE with oranges...
However, I will be honest and tell you that it did make me a little happy with glee when everyone exclaimed over the cuteness of it all at Sweetpea's party...my cut finger searing in pain from the juice seeping into it was all worth it!
The girls had fun at their parties and I loved being in the classroom once again!
Now, that may not seem like much to everyone, but we live out here where it takes a good 10 minutes just to walk to our friend's house 2 doors down. So, it took over an hour and a half to go about 15 houses..she was a trooper...carried her candy basket the entire time too!
All the while, Daddy was fixin' us up something pretty special...
It's called a Swedish Candle...basically, it's a tree stump that's been cut into pizza pieces almost all the way down. You soak it with light fluid down those slices for about 1-2 hours before hand...then you drop a match down and watch it go...after about an hour, it settles down into a nice glow:
It's absolutely awesome...the heat radiates from it and the glow looks so cool, especially from far away...we cozied up around the firepit and ate some of our candies...it was a perfect ending to our evening...
And we lived happily ever after...THE END.








