Wednesday, November 4, 2009

She's EIGHT

The days are getting away from me...they are going by so fast...life is full and fun and exciting and then comes the laundry to dash my spirits, but I'm up again with tickle fights and homemade cookies...

My firstborn is 8 today.

How is this possible? 

I know, duh, she was born 8 years ago...ummm, the earth keeps spinning...come on...

yes, yes I know this...but seriously, HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?  I didn't even have a digital camera back then and so I don't have an image to share with you....unless I go digging through the piles photos in  my basement to show you my sweet little one after her birth...I'll share a few from around age 4 and up though...the "through the years" photos...





She's my sweet firstborn...my first baby!  I'm thankful for so many things about her:
*her sensitive spirit...the way she is remorseful immediately after she recognizes that she's possibly hurt someone's feelings or disappointed Mom or Dad
*the way she cares for her younger sisters, how she plays with them, even to the point of listening to the SAME Miss Pattycake songs over and over and over again, just to spend time with Little Munchkin!
*her compassionate heart...how she LOVES us, her siblings, her family and her friends...the heart she puts into her notes to us, her pictures she hangs, the little things she says purposefully to "make our day"
*her desire to do right, even though it scares her, the thought of being alone...she WILL stand strong, even through her tears.
*her hugs and sweet voice when she wants to let me know that she loves me
* her "bright ideas" that usually mean a lot of work for Mom, but in the end, it turns out to be quite fun!
*her laugh and how she tries to make everyone feel like they are a part of what's going on

Thank you Lord for such a sweet little girl...thank you for entrusting her to us! 
Happy Birthday Sweetpea!!!