My daughter's birthday was LAST week...a whole 7 days ago...yep...we've been "talking" about a party for ages...I mean, it's her first year back to school...she's got a classroom of little girls whom she adores (and may I interject here that I have unbelievably blessed with how her teacher runs that classroom and models behavior because I was fearing "catiness" and tears and we've had NONE so far!)
Yep...Mommy was supposed to make these cute little invitations and plan a big ole party and celebrate the fact that she is turning 8...
*crickets*
*more silence*
Umm..yeah, so I called a few parents today and asked if their daughters might be available THIS Saturday as we are going to "celebrate" Sweetpea's birthday in the afternoon...CALLED THEM...ON THE PHONE...and...okay, I"m shamefully admitting this...I even EMAILED a couple because I didn't have their phone numbers...
Uh, HELLO...it's WEDNESDAY...
no invitations, no fancy paper, no theme...I did get some party plates from Target...does that count?
I've GOT to get my behind in motion with this thing...what kind of mother does this to her overzealous birthday girl? Obviously a crazy, procrastinating one who rather likes lounging on the couch sneaking halloween candy while watching movies with her husband in the evening on the new TV that he
So...that's where we are right now...I think I'll be a bit busy Saturday morning...I've pushed all my photo sessions to Sunday afternoon so that I can actually have a semi clean house for the
Wish me luck!