Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sometimes all you need is a hair cut

The last time I had my hair cut was December of 2008...

Needless to say:  It's been awhile.

The thing is, I don't really have a "style" to my hair...it basically just hangs there so that I'm not bald...I put it in a ponytail most of the time and if that's not happenin' you better believe that my sunglasses are being used as a headband...even in the dead of winter!

However, as I'm in the "growing it long" stage, I failed to realize that without care, it basically stops growing and just breaks off...that's where I am...

I haven't gone back to get my hair cut because I spent a LOT of money on my hair cut in Dec. and I didn't like it...they "styled" it and I looked like a 35 year old mother of 3 trying to be 25 and fancy free! and I felt ridiculous..so I just said, forget it...I 'll just "Let it grow out"...

I have now realized that without that "care", my "hair" can take on the look of a disheveled and apathetic woman...and that's not really how I want to portray myself to anyone, especially my own girls...and so, I went to get my hair cut today...finally! 

I went to our quaint little town to a family owned place...I even got lost, called them and the owner stood out on the street and waved me down until she was able to find me a parking spot on the street in front of the hair studio...talk about service!

And then, *Tina* welcomes me and proceeds to pamper me and my head of hair...we got to chatting and discovered that we shared a common bond in Jesus and well...it was just the most pleasant appointment I think I've ever had...I can't even tell you what I thought about my hair when I walked out because I didn't even look at it...I just had the most relaxing time and such incredible conversation!

I don't have pictures of my hair, because it really didn't change much, it was just a trim to get the breakage off...but, that 60 minutes of conversation and pampering has led me to believe once again in hair cuts!  I will be back again!  It won't go untamed for that long this time around...Now, if I could just get up enough gumption to stop biting my nails...I'd be on my way to some "stylish" living!