Thursday, November 5, 2009

Just a recap

Yep...just wanted to give you the "Low down" on the Birthday Girl's day!...it's been A DAY!

Peanut, Little Munchkin and I made and frosted cute little pumpkin bread muffins with LOADS of chocolate chips for the kiddos in Sweetpea's class...after a phone call from my brother and shoes falling off of Little Munchkin and hearing, "I do it Mommy, my self" a gazillion times...I didn't think we'd actually make it to her school at all...

Thankfully, the school secretary came to my rescue and got us down to the classroom before Sweetpea could officially freak out because her mother didn't show up for her birthday surprise!  Mommy photographer whipped out the ole camera and got lots of pics of her handin' out the goodies..


and of Little Munchkin diving in the MOMENT it was set before her!


Daddy and Popi showed up with a pizza party lunch...exclusively for our little family on an extra cafeteria table!  Then of course, Daddy had to make the rounds because you see, he is Mr. Popular, bein' the soccer coach and all...he's got a little following is all I've got to say!

Once we made it home, we took some time to play outdoors, because goodness, fall is NOT going to stick around much longer and we've got to get out in that sun and fresh air while we can...(plus it totally wears Little Munchkin out and at this point I NEEDED her to take a good  long nap!...

We met Daddy at Red Robin for dinner because that's just a standard thing we do around here for birthdays...they sing to you, you get a balloon and icecream...I mean, what MORE could you possibly want?  (and I do secretly love the bottomless steak fries...oh my goodness, grease in a basket and I'm in heaven!!)

AWANA topped off the evening and then to bed...she was awake still at 9:50pm...she wanted to tell me, "Mommy, in 5 minutes, I will officially be 8 years old!"...she's punctual if anything, let me tell you!