Those were the words out of Peanut's mouth today...
Yep, out of the mouth of babes comes pure joy and contentment over simplicity! Today was nothing really special (other than it was almost 70 degrees on a Monday in NOVEMBER) but other than that, it was just a regular Monday...
We started off going to the park...that was the original plan (park, library, costco, home)...but on the way we noticed that the new Kroger had opened...and well, I'm all about new places...so we just took a little detour and made our way in...
Let me just say that any store that has mini shopping carts for little kiddos has my vote. Not that actually frequent Kroger, but all the same, I will THINK of it more often...particularly when my children are throwing temper tantrums in the middle of the aisles at Meijer perhaps??
Anyway, Peanut and Little Munchkin each got their own cart and I basically just let them "peruse" the toy aisles and put "stuff" in it for fun...I suppose this is NOT the most "adult" thing to do...considering I had NO plans to take all the items back into their proper places being that we WEREN'T actually going to purchase any of the "cargo" either...but, oh well...they were all fresh-faced new employees who were eager and willing to help a poor, worn-out mother trying to "make it" through her grocery shopping experience. (although, all I bought was conditioner...so I guess I can't really use "shopping" as an excuse in this case...but as I said, oh well)
Well, once our "shopping" was done, we finally made it over to the park...I left my camera at home and just played with the girls on the slides, the swings, the monkey bars...I will say that somewhere along the line, my body quit "liking" playgrounds...swings pretty much make me sick, slides are just way too fast and staticky for my taste and monkey bars? yeah, I was never very good on those anyway...such a party pooper I know!!! But, I sucked it up today and played hard. We stuck it out for about an hour and then headed to our next destination...
COSTCO...my girls love this place...particularly because Mommy knows all the Photo Lab people which happens to be next to all the big screen TVs which also HAPPEN to be playing all their favorite movies...today was Bolt, Ice Age and Madagascar..they were in heaven...I picked up the photos and dug in my purse for 62 cents b/c I promised them a lemonade sprite before we left...I can't believe how they shared that thing allllllll the way to the car...one sip for Peanut, one sip for Little Munchkin, one sip for Peanut...back and forth...just suckin' up that High Fructose Corn Syrup, I know...but, you should have seen their little smiles...
Then, we landed into another detour...I saw this store: SugarDaddys. I saw it advertised a long time ago on Food Network...They basically specialize in brownies and blondies...they're all cut into huge circles and they are delicious!! We stopped in for a sample and just to check it out. After a mouth watering double chocolate supreme brownie sample, we got back into our car and headed home...we skipped the library and planned our own "storytime ala Peanut and Mommy for Little Munchkin"...which is another blog post altogether, but it was a blast!!! complete with wheels on the bus and shakin' up our milkshake!
And that's when Peanut said, "This might be about one of the funnest days ever Mom"...I guess it doesn't take a lot to make a day "fun" for her, but I am slightly suspicious that it had less to do about the places we went and more about the fact that Mommy was completely carefree and off the beaten path for awhile...I need to keep that in mind for often I think:)
Hope you have/had a great Monday!