Last week was a whirlwind that continued into the weekend. The "wind" didn't stop blowing until about 9 o'clock Sunday night!!!
Italian Stallion made it home from California on Thursday...got off the plane at 4:30, grabbed his luggage and headed to the soccer field to make Sweetpea's game (he's coach by the way)...I had to call a friend from the game because I wasn't going to make it back to the house by 7:00pm WHICH is the time at which about 10 couples show up at my house on Thursday evenings for lifegroup. She got in the house and was able to welcome everyone in...We arrived at around 7:30 and had a good time visiting with everyone, albeit, Italian Stallion was bushed!
We said goodbye to everyone, got the girls in bed, collapsed in bed ourselves only to start all over the next morning...our builders came to walk through the house that we've been living in for 3 years because they didn't do a quality job in certain areas the first time around and basically Italian Stallion and I have had just about enough of the clownin' around (not to mention water coming through our front door and our roof falling apart)...after that meeting, I headed to my in laws house to visit with my 2 sisters in law and all the cousins (IS's sister was in town from Tenn.) That evening my parents came into town to stay the weekend as well...
Onto Saturday: Peanut had a soccer game at 9:30am..I'm not even going to go into the catastrophe that was, with regards to a 5 year old refusing to play soccer "EVER AGAIN"...My sis in law came over for the afternoon, along with my parents to hang out until Sweetpea's game at 5:30...Italian Stallion and I had to leave immediately from the game to make it to the work function we were supposed to be at by 6pm (we didn't make it until 7:30) We arrived home at midnight...
Are you tired yet just reading this?
I won't bore you with the rest of the details from the remainder of the weekend...basically we fit in church, more visiting, a photo shoot (which I'll get to in a sec) and another visit from Italian Stallion's parents who had just come in from their vacation in Texas...It wasn't until about 8pm that the house was actually quiet and we had nothing to do...
Well...that is of course cleaning up from the after effects of the whirlwind...I was going to take a picture of the "fort" in my living room, or the mounds of laundry upstairs, or the unmade beds and rice krispies crushed into my carpet...but, to be honest, I didn't have the gumption to document it...I'm beat!
I'm going to switch gears here and just mention that I did have a great time at the photo shoot. I got to take pictures of a great couple, Amy and Mike. Amy is the same age as what my sister, Sarah, would be like if she had lived. Sometimes it's hard to picture Sarah anything other than 13 years old, but when I see people like Amy, I get to wondering. Sarah was tall and thin and I can picture her being a little bit like Amy...and so, you can imagine my excitement when I got to spend the afternoon with them.
I have lots more pictures on my CT Photo Memories site, but I thought I'd share a fav or two here as well!

