We went 'out west' for our anniversary...okay, well, it was about 6 months BEFORE our ACTUAL anniversary, but that's what we called it...We spent time at the beach, went out to fun restaurants in the evening...walked the streets of Coronado...ohhhhhh sweet bliss...
Yes, well...he was there...without me...granted, he had to be in the office all day and work with employees and deal with disgruntled customers, etc...but, still...
And I was HERE...Here with my lovies!
I cherish my time with them...Sweetpea and I got to stay up later doing homework together...talking about her school concert that is coming up in December...Peanut and I cuddled on the couch in the mornings and we read books on her days off like they were going out of style...Little Munchkin and I made up new games like "Marble Golf" and "Sing Songs so I can say FOP IT"
And all these things were fun and we all love the GIRL TIME when Daddy is away...we like it for about a day...and then it becomes this downward slide into Missing Daddydom and the DRAMA that ensues would put Shakespeare to shame...
After multiple rounds of crying over socks that don't fit, of "she won't get out of the bathroom and I'm trying to goooo", of can I eat a granolabarapplesaucecheezitsleftoverpizzasalamisandwichapplejuicemilkchocolatechips...and more drama surrounding polly pockets, hula hoops and more toilet paper...
I believe the "marker" that broke my back was the one Little Munchkin used on my Cherry Wood Amish Made dining room table...a bright red sharpie marker that is...
I mentally had to check out for a sec...I literally had to talk myself down as I held Sweetpea and reassured her that even though she knows not to leave out sharpier markers, nor even use them remotely close to anything other than her playroom area that SHE was more important to me than a table...YES, I still loved her and Peanut and Little Munchkin more than anything else in the world (besides Daddy) and the table woudl still "function"...and on and on and on..
Folks...I'm spent...this single mom mode isn't workin' for me...It was only for 4 days, but I feel like I've run a marathon...whew...glad he's not heading out there again for a longgggg time...Regular life kicks in today and it's just about as hectic...but, I'm thankful for my hubby to share some of the load...
Although...he hasn't seen the table just yet...hmmmmmm
