Saturday, October 10, 2009

I'm Flumoxxed

...sort of...I more or less like the sound of the word actually..but I am going through a bit of a "phasing" and it leaves me a little perplexed....(I think I just am liking words with 'x' in them...)

Anyway...I had another photo shoot this weekend and it was fun...infact, I can't tell you the feeling I get when I'm about to go take a bunch of pictures of people...I get giddy...I really do...I spend hours researching and finding different ideas whether it's through magazines or billboards or online...it's just plain fun!

At this present time (I say this because I have no idea what the future will present)...but, at this present time, I feel like I have found something that allows me to let out the person God created me to be...Now...I want to stop first and say that I LOVE being a wife and mom FIRST AND FOREMOST...I dreamed, wished, pleaded with God to allow me to do/be those things...I CAN be creative and giddy in being Mommy...there's nothing that compares to THAT sort of joy...

However, as my girls are getting older and not needing me in the same way as before, I find myself looking for different ways to express myself...photography kind of ooooozes out:)  or maybe it's more like firecrackers out...I'm not sure...

There is one glitch though in this "photography plan"...trying to turn a hobby into a business has some "perplexing" aspects...that whole business side is NOT my angle...my husband recently added up the hours, the equipment, the software, AND what I was actually giving to my clients and THEN looked at what I was charging...Ever so gently he talked me through some "problems" he saw with it...and although I understand and believe him and realize that in order to BALANCE things, there are some things that need to be tweaked...it's still hard for me to do.

I had to raise my price for one...To those of you that have already had a session...I THANK you for trusting me before you ever really saw a portfolio (other than my own children)...to those that have a session scheduled, you're still locked in at the other price...And the kicker, is that the new pricing is still not a level at which he necessarily feels represents all that comes out of it, it's still WAYYY below anyone else in the area that does this same sort of "service", but we compromised for now...It's all the "changing" that's going on that is crazy...I knew it would happen (the changes I mean) I just want it to be settled and it won't be until I discover more things along the way. 

I worry about disappointing people (with that whole business aspect of it) I want so badly to give a good "deal" and when you compare it apples to apples with what is out there, I'm basically undercutting those other photographers a lot...but at the same time, with the cost of camera equipment, computer software and not to mention that my computer is running all the time now...UGH...What I AM trying to do is just keep praying over it and making sure that the steps I take are ones that are in accordance to what God gives me a peace about...I love to do what I do...I would also love for it to be enough that I could use it for extra income for my family, my girls and be able to do all the other things that I want to do as Mommy...but, I have NO control over it...I have to let God take it where He will...

So...those are my flumoxxing thoughts for the day...in case you wondered...thanks for stopping by...oh, and stop over at CTPhotoMemories later this week to see some pics of the cute girls I got to photograph!!! Fun Fun Fun!!!