Thursday, October 29, 2009

Yes and No

It's about that time for a little yes and no banter:)

Yes, my husband has gotten onto a bit of a "cleaning spree" with regards to the basement

No, he's not all that happy about it.

Yes, he knew when he married me that I was a pack rat of sorts

No, I do not believe he FULLY understood the depth of my "love of memories" or my "I may need that sometime in the future" mentality

Yes, I do believe he thinks I'm nuts, but,

Yes, he still loves me

No, we do not clean the basement together

Yes, I do allow him to just "pitch" whatever he wants....and

Yes, I go down and search through the stuff he has "pitched" while he's at work

No, he won't let me throw away his undershirts that have holes in them

Yes, we will be discussing this more in depth as he begins to throw out my old varsity jackets and college paraphenalia...

onto other things....

No, my voice has not returned to normal

Yes, I still accept sympathy for this fact and hot Starbucks are welcome:)

No, I'm not taking any antibiotics b/c I was told it was not bacterial, but I am taking Mucinex and,

Yes it makes me LOOPY!!!

No, I do not take it during the day while watching the children...

Yes, while in my loopy state, I happened upon what I deemed a MARVELOUS idea for the healthy snack for my daughter's harvest party at school.

No, I did not think about the time, energy and precision that was involved...

Yes, I continued forward with the idea anyway and now have 21 carved oranges filled with fruit cocktail, complete with spoons for stems sitting in my fridge.

Yes, I smell like oranges.

No, I'm not happy about it.

Yes, I will have pictures for you tomorrow

No, I haven't even cleaned up the mess in the kitchen yet...orange guts everywhere...

Yes, my kitchen smells like oranges too.

No, I'm okay with it...

Yes, I'm going to go now and clean my hands again before my computer begins to wreak of orange juice...of which I actually need to drink more...perhaps that would help my hacking cough...or at least get me some more sympathy from my husband down in the basement who is pitching all my stuff!!!

have a good night:)