Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My MomiVan

Whew…that was some post yesterday huh?

Thanks for letting me be real. I could just write about all the good and sound really “religiously spiritual” about all the bad…but, I am not thinking that that was what David did either…he kind of laid it out there…I like that he was a “whatcha see is whatcha get” person too. And I guess, if it’s too disturbing for some, you just don’t read right?

Enough said…it’s a wonder what a whoppin’ 3 hours of sleep can do for you…yeah, okay, so sleep was not on my side last night either…but it’s a new morning nonetheless, and mercies are always new…so I’m onto other things…don’t want to be a wallower…

I like that word: Wallower…it’s got a nice ring…but I digress…

So, onto……. MY CAR…my Momivan!!!

Let’s just dive in here…know first that I am a pile organizer. What’s that you say? A pile organizer? First off, it’s a far cry from my husband’s excel spreadsheet organizer type. Basically, I have piles of stuff and I sorta know what’s in most of them. Sure it takes me a bit longer to find things, but the fact of the matter is…I don’t slow down long enough to actually put things in a proper place…and besides, I “may” have a use for a hammer in my bathroom again someday…so let’s just leave it there just in case ya know?

My Momivan has been in sad shape lately…between the putrid sippy cups, spilled gogurts, petrified apple slices, trampled notebook papers and cheez-it crums smashed into the floor board…let’s just say that the vehicle is pretty disgusting! To be honest, this saddens my dear husband… “sad” may not be the most operative word here..more like irritates, annoys, exasperates, totally drives him nuts!!!

And so, I jumped in yesterday and started to clean…I hit a treasure trove…Because, in this mess “lives” many helpful things…that I KNOW I will have a use for on some unique occasion…for example:

When I leave home without Little Munchkin’s shoes…by golly, let’s just check under that pile of milkshake containers and low and behold, there are some old garden shoes…

Or, how about when we head to soccer practice and someone looses a sock?…well, go diggin’ in the side pocket and one comes with just a few melted crayons stuck to it!!!

And, when I run out of the house without brushing or pulling up anyone’s hair…well, it’s just a plain ole beauty shop parlor in the back seat of that van…we’ve got brushes, barrettes, hair ties, you name it!!!

My personal favorite is when we can find unchewed pieces of gum that we can share when we leave the house without brushing out teeth!!!

Do you see my logic? Yeah, neither does my Italian Stallion…

So, for the sake of my husband (and the awful smell emanating from the car) I cleaned that baby yesterday.

Gone is the trash…but gone also are the treasures…You’ll be hard pressed to find those precious things in that car now…And if we “need” something that we didn’t intentionally bring…we won’t necessarily have the “tools” with which to MacGuyver (sp?) our way through it…

I don’t think Italian Stallion minds so much though…he can now actually breathe without choking on the smells…and to be honest…that just makes us all happier!

As a little side note...if you need just a good, hearty laugh like I did this morning...pop on over to BooMama I laughed so hard I think I might have peed just little in my pants!