Thursday, July 2, 2009

Did Someone Throw up?

Every other week during the summer, we have Lifegroup. Lifegroup is basically a group of people that get together to EAT, chat, pray, get into some deep Biblical discussions and just get into each others' lives.

We happen to host our lifegroup...it's much easier for us, with little ones to "contain" them at our house...there are lots of positives for having our group meetings here...

One "negative" is the MASSIVE cleaning that must take place before hand...the bribing of young children to clean anything on this day would put criminals to shame...We start out fine, but around 5pm, after cleaning up the family room for the FIFTH time, I'm out of steam...

But that's okay...because DADDY IS COMING HOME!!! He usually walks in the door about the time I'm ready to pull ALL my hair out (and carefully sweep it away into the trash so as to NOT make yet another mess)...

Today however, he called FROM THE OFFICE at 5:30pm. I know this because I scan the caller ID religiously...and it was the office number...

"Hello Sweetheart, why are you calling from the office at 5:30?" I say in my most cheerful voice (if you are not reading sarcasm here, you must not know me well)

He went on to explain that a huge mess had come up at work and he wouldn't be home until just before everyone arrived...I felt sorry for him...I changed my tone and told him not to worry, that the girls and I would manage just fine.

When I got off the phone, Sweetpea (who can read facial expressions and body language better than anyone I know) asked me what was the matter.

I told her that Daddy had a huge mess to clean up at work and he was going to be late...

Her reply, "Did someone throw up?"

Hmmmm...I think Daddy would like to answer that question...we'll save that for him!