Monday, July 20, 2009

I did it again

Yep...I did it again. I'm not quite sure WHY I do it...Is it the people pleaser in me? Is it the joy of knowing that my children are happy because of a choice I made? Is it the pure insanity of a mother on way too much sleep and hyped up on wayyyy too much Pepsi? I'm sure the latter has something to do with it...

Nonetheless...I headed to the grocery store, at precisely ONE HOUR before Little Munchkin's nap time, and just to make it all the more fun...we called a friend of Sweetpea & Peanut's to join us! Yep...that makes 5 of us girls, heading to the grocery store on a hot day, 2 hours AFTER breakfast, a 1/2 hour BEFORE lunch, one hour BEFORE naptime, with ALL KINDS of coupons to work with!!!

Let's just say that no amount of bribing, singing, playing I spy or stuffing cookies into their mouths was gonna help me get through this experience. I have a syndrome for Clearance items too...this does not bode well for little ones who are hungry while Mom can't make up her mind between a 50 cent BLUE platter or the 39 cent PINK platter...heaven help their little souls!

We made it to check out...I had to buy a $25 dollar gift card with a coupon for $20...only to turn around and use it on the second transaction, because, well you know we had ALL the time in the world!!! At this point, I'm also realizing that the girls are now on the floor of the store searching for pennies so that perhaps, just maybe they could ride the penny horse...because heaven knows Mommy isn't going to squeeze out 4 cents for them...UGH! I think I just didn't have the gumption to stop them from crawling on the dirty floor,...I mean come on, they had already had a game of kick ball in the aisleways and Little Munchkin had removed all the books from the lower shelf in the magazine section. And, they had just finished up their game of "can't catch me" down the Pasta aisle...they were tired...nothin' a little rollin' on the concrete floor couldn't help!

After getting an entire outdoor patio decor platter ware set (10 pieces for under $6), a wooden picnic table for my nephews (originally $69.99...got it for $15), a bat and ball (pink...daddy will LOVE it), and a wooden putting set (so the girls can play golf with daddy outside..I'm sure Italian Stallion will see my logic) This was on top of all the groceries and other merchandise that I actually NEEDED...We FINALLY headed home...only to realize that my gas light had come on and we were on empty...

I was beginning to think that I'd never see my home again...we'd been out for nearly 2 1/2 hours...I was running out of steam...

got the gas, drove home, fed the girls, got Little Munchkin in bed, put away the groceries, planted the rest of the carrots, ate something for lunch...oh yeah, a hotdog...and then, returned once again to that thing that probably started the craziness in the first place...just poured myself a tall glass of soda and sat down for a breather! I'm sure the caffeine will kick in any minute and I"ll be at it again! Happy Monday!!!