To say that my girls are excited would be putting it lightly! It's that time of year again...the annual farm market. Now, at this point of the year, the produce we have in the garden isn't really something we need to get rid of as was, say...THE LETTUCE!! All the rest of our food is able to be canned or frozen for the winter. However, this really is the culmination of the entire garden experience for our girls.We pick some of our green beans, a couple of zucchini that might be left on the vine, a couple handfuls of cucumbers, a few peppers, and some carrots...we strip Mommy's herb garden...or maybe they refer to it as pruning, but that's not exactly what happens...anyhoo: Then Mommy makes a bunch of little tin loaves of zucchini bread...the rest of the kids in the neighborhood that have gardens, bring their little loads down as well...And if they don't have gardens, they make cookies or lemonade to add to the event.
We set up shop at the end of the driveway...the kids make a huge sign and we price everything at about 50 cents. We've got to make it easy for making change purposes...In the end we make about 7 or 8 bucks (which doesn't even cover 1/8 of what we actually put into all this stuff, but hey, it's all about the experience right?) and we all go out for ice cream!!!
Due to schedules and vacations and everything else, we've had to quickly put togehter our little market in order to get it up and running by noon on Sunday. At least that's the plan as of this evening at 6:30pm...so we'll see. I'm looking forward to my girls becoming quite the sales people...especially when trying to push the lemonade, that they somehow constantly need to "test"...
I'll let you know how it goes after the weekend...but I already got busy with the advertising (see the little pamphlet above) Did I mention that we have the coolest neighborhood EV-AH!!!? Every year we also, always have a neighborhood get together, which happens to be this Saturday...now, how perfect is it that we can have everyone in one spot in order to pass out our little invites to our farm market for the following day?? Fun times I'm telling you!
So, that's about it...we're gonna get busy bakin' and pullin' and scrubbin' and makin' our signs! That is, right after I get done with how many loads of laundry did I say were on my bed? UGH... again, that's where my hubby and I differ...I just keep makin' the messes and worry about the clean up later!!! And boy do we have fun!