Saturday, July 18, 2009

The post in which I just blab and whine

It's been awhile since my last post. I apologize for that. I know that if there are blogs that I follow and they just stop for awhile, I get a little peeved...(of course, if you are someone that knows that I read your blog and you are now reading this...I NEVER feel that way about YOU)

Yes, so anyway...I'm back...but, I've had a few things on my "to do" list lately...and they've been a little time consuming...let me just give you a peek into my past week:

To Do:
* go through the 292 emails in my inbox: CHECK
* take children to nightly VBS and take photos of all happenings CHECK
* fix dinner and clean house BEFORE leaving for said VBS (sometimes) CHECK
* clean sheets on beds 3 times this week due to change in visitors CHECK
* get ready to leave for AWESOME overnight for anniversary with hubby, while MIL comes to stay with kiddos (sheet change number 1) CHECK
* get ready to clean house again for Mom and Aunt to come stay for week while hubby is in California (sheet change number 2) CHECK
* purchase Snickers ice cream bars and Dove miniatures because they are on sale and proceed to stuff your face each night with them because I just can't help it CHECK
* finish photoshop invitation that I said I"d finish last week CHECK finally!
* help Little Munchkin put on her shoes CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK
* grate and use as much zucchini as I can because IT'S COMING OUT OF OUR EARS CHECK
* stop arguing and whining from very tired little girls CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH CHECK!!!
* whine a little myself because I feel a little overwhelmed CHECK
* enjoy old friends from college stay with their family of 6 (sheet change number 3) CHECK
* go retrieve Macie from wayyyy down the street after someone called to say they "found" her in a field (we kinda didn't realize she was even gone)...CHECK (Sara, if you are reading this...yes, I'm so very sorry that we lost her...we promise to do better in the future)
* put children to bed by 7pm this evening because everyone was OVER tired and Mommy needed a break CHECK!!!

Italian Stallion and I had an awesome anniversary...well, minus the cow outfits...we headed into downtown for the evening, spent the night at a beautiful hotel, then drove out to Amish country the next day to order our new hutch! It should be completed in a little under 2 months...I'll post pictures then!

Remember that I took pictures at a wedding awhile back? Well, I decided that I'd create a bunch of pages and create an album for them, as my gift. Because, you know, I don't have anything else to do but sit in front of my computer and get giggly about all the different layouts I can come up with while laundry, dishes and toys pile up around my house!!!

I found a place online that would print them in hardback covers...they came this week...and I must say: WOW! They turned out great! (no this is not a pat on my own back...) I'm just sayin' that it was really neat to see it all printed out. Hope they enjoy it!

My mom and aunt came in town once my hubby left for California for the week. We had a great time, but I found myself out shopping a lot with them and the kids in tow...there are a few more stores here that they don't have at home and we took advantage of that fact...not so much fun for the kiddos however, which caused some uprising of those natives...(thus the whining check off list)

VBS was this past week as well...much fun! Girls had fun, I took pictures, and Mom watched Little Munchkin at home...all were in bed by 9pm each night...though probably hyped up until about 10!

Once Italian Stallion got home and Mom/Aunt left...our college friends, the Kaynors, came to stay. Their little girls are the same ages as ours and their two little boys were all smiles! We ordered pizza, had a bonfire and the kiddos "camped out" in a tent in the basement.

Today is the first day since July 10th that someone hasn't been in our house with us. We're all a little whipped to say the least...and if you think I even ATTEMPTED my 30 day shred workout over the past couple days, well...let's just say...It's gonna take a bit more than 30 days for me...maybe more like 90 days...and that's if I can stay away from those ice cream treats in the freezer!

So there you have it...that's my week in a nutshell...I had a fun week, but I'm tired and a little grumpy...okay, maybe a lot grumpy...I'm sure a good night's rest will help! And maybe a Snickers bar too...