Thursday, January 12, 2012

What's Been Happenin'

Does anyone remember that show from a longggg time ago called "What's Happenin'"  No idea why that just popped into my head, but I'm just going to roll with it...

Anyhoo...so, a lot has happened since Tuesday and I thought I'd fill you in...because I'm one of those people that apparantly doesn't mind just lettin' all hang out...for everyone to see...(and/or laugh at)

So Tuesday was a bad day...a bad bad bad bad bad bad day.  Now, I know that I could try to spin it positively...I could focus on the fact that I don't live in a 3rd world country and have to eat my shoes to stay alive (not that eating shoes and 3rd world countries go together...and I"m NOT trying to poke fun or make light of struggling peoples)  My point is, if I really wanted to have a better perspective, I could focus on those types of things and just be grateful for all the good in my life...

and believe me, I DO...it's not like I take for granted all the blessings that we have...but for the PURPOSES OF THIS BLOG POST...I'm going to assume the roll of GRUMPY and complain just a bit...HAPPY (or DOPEY) to whomever you best associate with me, will return at a later date...for now, I'm taking my cue from Once Upon a Time and going with the "dwarf theme" at present...(again, no idea where all this tv montage is coming from...but we're rolling people...we're rolling!)

Back to BAD DAY TUESDAY...For my husband it was many weeks leading up to Tuesday and then including Tuesday in those weeks...suffice it to say, although my husband is not an outwardly emotional person, he is one of the most thoughtful, insightful, and compassionate persons I know...and therefore some situations were weighing on him like nothing I've seen before where work was concerned (and no I'm not going to elaborate anymore than that...sorry, gotta draw the line somewhere:)

this translates into BLEH at home...and I knew Tuesday was the worst of it...and so, to add insult to injury, I thought it's be a GREAT idea to hit a pot hole and completely blow my tire and bend the rim. 

I KNOW!!!

My neighbor came to my rescue to pick up Sweetpea from violin practice while the younger two and I waited for Al's Towing to come give us a hand...Mr. Al (I have no idea if that was his name, but for the sake of the story, let's just keep it at that)...Mr. Al was the epitome of what I'd expect in a towing company man...he had strong hands completely greased up with oil and dirt, his blue striped jumpsuit, heavy duty boots, a jack and all the tools...and a blue tooth so he could find me the best price for a new tire/rim by callin' all his buddies...He was exceptionally kind and got us on our way quickly...however, I had to make a call to my husband whilst standing there...I'm not sure Italian Stallion was too keen on the status report...but Mr. Al hung in there with me and I drove under 45 mph on my sweet little spare all the way home...

JUST IN TIME to run right back out the door..because, yours truly, somehow went and got herself signed up for a redistricting committee for our local school district...FUN TIMES I tell you!  I honestly can't tell you HOW I got myself into it...but, I'm here nonetheless...and so my evenings are spent looking at spreadsheets and maps and envisioning all the crazy, angry parents that will want to rip our heads off once we come to a consensus...JOY!

Are you getting the common theme here?...

On top of this...I'm still coughing...I put myself back on Nexium and that has helped...I'm also finishing up a dosage of antibiotics, so pretty much, I"m the safest person to be around right now:) I have found that by putting Vicks on the bottom of my feet at night accomplishes two things: 1) it somehow numbs my throat to the tickles that cause me to cough uncontrollable 2) completely grosses out my husband who can't even face me in bed due to the "aroma" that I send off.

OH...and I almost forgot...since my doctor informed me that the strenuous activity of p90x is not doing me any favors currently, I've decided to check out my old friend, Jillian M...

I'm reminded once again that we aren't really friends...

Infact, I just mute her completely and then say nasty things about her in my head (so little munchkin doesn't hear)

I'm happy to announce, that STILL no amount of exercising or eating healthy for the past 2 weeks has procured any change in my weight or body structure...so, I'm thinking that I"m just gonna make my chocolate chip banana bread and EAT it too:)

signing off for tonight,
Grumpy (and a little bit sleepy too)