Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Recap of 2011

I've been a little lax in writing lately...it's not for lack of "material"...rather, just my lack of memory skills in order to recall what I actually "wrote" in my head while I was driving or showering or while trying to pick stickers off the hard wood floor that my 4 year old thought looked "pretty".

I thought I'd do a little recap from the year...and end it with a video montage of the month of December:)  I hope you enjoy!!!

JANUARY
January began with a slam DUNK!  Little Munchkin got the whole potty training under control well before Mommy lost her marbles:)  Many "prizes" were had and we were on our way to a year filled with princess panties:)

FEBRUARY
February was a large travel month for Italian Stallion and thus began more travels than we had originally thought...it is always accompanied by many tears with the girlies and new found grey hairs found on yours truly...but, we managed...and not only managed, but excelled:)  Although, much encouragement was given by my awesome hubby...and in the month of Feb., the form of "you can do it" came in a bouquet of roses and reminder, once again, why I married such an incredible man!

MARCH

I have 2 pictures for March...one is a reminder that we still haven't finished what we started even though we PROMISED ourselves that we wouldn't do that to ourselves again...so much for new year's resolutions...our basement pretty much looks the same as it did when I took this picture only 3 month into the 2011 year.

Secondly, was our crazy medical scare with Peanut and all her breathing issues during cold season...after breathing treatments and x-rays and hospital visits galore...we are now convinced she has a type of cough-variant asthma that is triggered by any virus that attacks her bronchial tubes...basically, she gets a really bad cough and we now have a better understanding of how to control it:)


APRIL

Ahhhhhh April...thus came one of the most fun and relaxing trips Italian Stallion and I have ever managed to take...we were whisked off to Nevis somewhere in some islands down south...we danced, we drank, we sat pool side, we spa-ed, and walked the beach...it was wonderful...

MAY

May was our trip to Williamsburg...the moments where all the girls dressed up in "time-period" clothing and left Daddy out in the cold (not that I think he minded all that much, but we're going to pretend that he WISHED he had a pair of knickers and some nice, high, white socks...and a wig...with a ponytail...)
Anyway, it was also the month that we started to get some "fruits" from our garden...that lettuce was delicious...but, I should have realized then that it wasn't going to last...with the rain and colder weather and my lack of motivation to get out there and actually DO something in the dirt, ummm my busy summer schedule of sunbathing by the pool, yep, and that darn weather...well, it wasn't going to be a good crop season!


JUNE

June brought blueberry picking...pool membership (complete with tennis lessons from daddy) and...did I mention the pool? Although I don't have pictures from the pool...not until later...wanted to at least focus on the fact that my baby turned FOUR this month as well! 



JULY

We were able to re-engage our awesome dogsitting skills and watched another Yorkie again for a bit this summer...my girls fell in love once again (and yes, we will more than likely be getting a dog in the 2012 year...there I said it...)

AUGUST/SEPTEMBER

The Patio was finished and ready for Labor Day weekend...this long awaited project was finally completed and we thoroughly enjoyed it...until the cold fall settled in and we headed back indoors to that beautiful unfinished basement...ahhh projects:)

Oh...and school started too:)


OCTOBER

October was SUPER fun with halloween and just the fall weather...we love our neighborhood!


NOVEMBER

November had all kinds of fun stuff...Sweetpea turned double digits, Thanksgiving, a trip to Tennessee with my brother's family...it was an all around FUN month!


DECEMBER

Not to be outdone...in came December...with Advent activities galore and enough sweets to realize that I look nothing like what I ventured out to look like last summer...which is right in time for New Year's resolutions:) 

As I looked through my umpteen pictures from this year and reflect over the fun of CTPhotoMemories and the incredible people I've met and friends that I've made...I'm just in awe again of this beautiful life that I have been given...Thank you Jesus!

My last "photo" is just a little video montage of the entire month of December...I pray that 2012 is just as filled with laughter, happiness, lessons learned and family!