I'm weird like that...
background: One of my besties, Sara, bought me a beautiful bracelet from Kenya. It's green and gorgeous...and because of my ridiculously gangly arms, it's too big for my wrist and falls off all the time. So I can't wear it much. I LOVED wearing the beautiful black/brown earrings that she got me, but my youngest took them off my dresser one day to "look at them" and I havent' seen them since...I'm VERY sad about it because besides my grandmother's tiny diamond earrings, they were my favorite! (BIG HINT TO SARA: if you go to back to Kenya, feel free to get me another pair of those earrings...I'll pay ya for 'em)
Anyhoo...this is what happens to an A.D.D. mother of 3 on nights when she could be revising her blog, or organizing her basement or cleaning her desk for heaven's sake...I decide to 'fix' the bracelet, and create earrings to match...
I just took out a couple of the green beads and rethreaded the bracelet...but how to make the earrings? Goodness, WHAT did we do without the internet back then? I just googled me some 'DIY earring making" videos...and POOF...I've got myself some new earrings:)
It's amazing what your husband's old leatherman can do...and what spare parts you can find inyour basement when you KEEP EVERYTHING...I had extra filler beads and claspy things...Just needed to get the posts from Michaels and I was set to go!
That was my evening...I made earrings...and thought I"d just write and tell you about it...I'll post some pictures later:) Make your time GREAT!